- Make sure your Mac and HomePod are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an app on your Mac that can stream content.
- Click the AirPlay button, which looks like or , depending on the app.
- Select the checkbox next to your HomePod in the list of devices, then choose some content to stream from your Mac.
In this regard, how do I connect my Macbook to HomePod? Open the Apple Music app on your Mac, select the AirPlay icon in the top-right corner, and select the stereo-paired HomePod minis as the default speakers. Be sure to deselect your computer’s speakers, too.
Amazingly, can you use HomePod with Macbook? As long as your HomePod mini and your Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network, you can use the HomePod mini as a Mac speaker. You don’t need to use the same Apple ID on both devices. Once both of them are on the same Wi-Fi network, the HomePod mini will show up directly in any AirPlay menu on your Mac.
You asked, can HomePod play music from my iTunes library? You can use HomePod to play music from the Apple Music catalog. After you set up your HomePod, it plays audio directly from Apple Music or audio sent from an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV.
Also know, how do I play music directly from HomePod?
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some music”.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some rock” and Siri will start playing rock music from an Apple Music radio station.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play rock music from my library” and Siri will only play rock tunes from your music.
It is currently possible to turn a HomePod stereo pair into a set of desktop Mac speakers, though the process is much more complicated and limited. You need to use the AirPlay menu to select the pair as an output, and can then only use it for playback through the AirPlay and Music apps.
How do I connect my HomePod to my computer?
- In the iTunes app on your PC, do any of the following to play music: Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Click the AirPlay button at the top of the iTunes window, then select the checkbox next to HomePod. Whatever song you were playing in iTunes on your computer now plays on HomePod too.
Can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.
Is the HomePod discontinued?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do I play Spotify through HomePod?
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Play the song or playlist.
- Tap the Speakers icon.
- Tap AirPlay or Bluetooth under Select a device.
- Select the HomePod you want to play the music on.
- If you are already playing something else on that HomePod, you will have to tap Replace.
How do I know what HomePod is playing?
You can see what’s playing on your HomePod at any time either by asking Siri to tell you or by accessing the HomePod via Control Center or the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad. To do so you have to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
Why is my HomePod not playing music?
Make sure that HomePod is turned on Make sure that HomePod is plugged into power. … You can also say “Hey Siri.” If Siri responds, then HomePod is turned on. Another way to check is to open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and tap or click the HomePod tile. If music plays, HomePod is turned on.
Can HomePod play downloaded music?
Yes, it can, but you must complete “iTunes Match” first, so that your music is available in the cloud.
Can Apple HomePod connect to Windows?
Stream Audio from iTunes for Windows to HomePod iTunes runs natively in Windows and offers its own built-in AirPlay functionality. To use it, just download and install iTunes from Apple’s website if necessary and load a source for music. … Check the box next to your HomePod to start playing your iTunes music on it.
How do I use HomePod as a speaker?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
Can you use HomePod for YouTube?
Launch the YouTube app on your iOS/iPadOS device and find the video that you want to listen to using your HomePod. Start playing the video and swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to bring up the iOS Control Center. … Within a second, the audio playback will be switched to your HomePod.
How do I connect my HomePod to Windows 10?
- Download and install AirParrot on your computer.
- Make sure your HomePod and computer are on the same wifi network.
- Launch AirParrot on your PC.
- Under the “To” section in the AirParrot menu, select the name of your HomePod(s) to begin streaming.