People ask also, how do I play music from my iPhone through HomePod?
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff, then make sure Transfer to HomePod is turned on.
- Hold your iPhone or iPod touch near the top of HomePod.
Likewise, how do I connect my iPhone to HomePod?
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
Additionally, will Apple HomePod play music from my iPhone? You can use HomePod to play music from the Apple Music catalog. After you set up your HomePod, it plays audio directly from Apple Music or audio sent from an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV.
Similarly, can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker? While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
Can you control HomePod from iPhone?
Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod. Tap Set Up when it appears on your device’s screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings. You can also customize and manage all of the settings for HomePod in the Home app after setup.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my phone?
How do I add a second phone to HomePod?
- Update your HomePod or HomePod mini and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest software.
- Become a member of the home in the Home app.
- Open the Home app and follow the onscreen steps to let HomePod recognize your voice on every HomePod speaker in the home.
How do I enable HomePod?
How do I get HomePod to play my music?
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some music”.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some rock” and Siri will start playing rock music from an Apple Music radio station.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play rock music from my library” and Siri will only play rock tunes from your music.
Can I play my music on HomePod?
You can play any of the music you have ever bought on iTunes on your HomePod. If you aren’t sure what songs you have bought on iTunes open the Music app on your iPhone and tap on Downloaded Music in Library.
Why won’t my Apple HomePod play music?
Make sure that HomePod is turned on If you hear music, then HomePod is turned on. You can also say “Hey Siri.” If Siri responds, then HomePod is turned on. Another way to check is to open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and tap or click the HomePod tile. If music plays, HomePod is turned on.
Does HomePod use WiFi or Bluetooth?
Cheers! HomePod is not a conventional Bluetooth speaker. You must have a working Wi-Fi connection in order to set up HomePod. Once suitably configured it is possible to use HomePod for peer to peer AirPlay when a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet isn’t available.
How do I use my HomePod mini as a Bluetooth speaker?
How do I use HomePod as a speaker?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.