Launch the YouTube app on your iOS/iPadOS device and find the video that you want to listen to using your HomePod. Start playing the video and swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to bring up the iOS Control Center. … This will show you a list of all AirPlay-compatible devices, which includes your HomePod.
Quick Answer, how do I play music on my mini HomePod?
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some music“.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some rock” and Siri will start playing rock music from an Apple Music radio station.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play rock music from my library” and Siri will only play rock tunes from your music.
You asked, how do I stream music to HomePod? The HomePod may not be a traditional Bluetooth speaker, but it is a standard AirPlay speaker (with some added smarts, of course). That means you can’t stream music from an Android device (without a complicated workaround) or connect it to an audio source using Bluetooth.
Frequent question, how do I get YouTube to play on my Mac HomePod?
- Make sure your Mac and HomePod are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an app on your Mac that can stream content.
- Click the AirPlay button, which looks like or , depending on the app.
- Select the checkbox next to your HomePod in the list of devices, then choose some content to stream from your Mac.
Best answer for this question, can Apple HomePod play Pandora? Apple HomePod You can select Pandora to be your default music and podcast service on Apple HomePods. Follow the steps below on your iOS or iPadOS device: Open the Home app on your iOS device. Select the home icon at the top left of the screen.
How do I use Spotify with HomePod?
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Play the song or playlist.
- Tap the Speakers icon.
- Tap AirPlay or Bluetooth under Select a device.
- Select the HomePod you want to play the music on.
- If you are already playing something else on that HomePod, you will have to tap Replace.
Can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.
Can I play music from my iTunes library on HomePod?
You can use HomePod to play music from the Apple Music catalog. After you set up your HomePod, it plays audio directly from Apple Music or audio sent from an iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple TV. See the HomePod User Guide.
How do I play iPhone music on HomePod?
Open the Music or Podcasts app on your iOS or iPadOS device, then tap the playback controls. , then select your HomePod. To return to the playback screen, tap outside of the AirPlay options. to play the current item, or swipe down from the top of the screen, then select a different item to play.
What apps work with HomePod?
In addition to Apple Music, HomePod users can also link accounts from iHeartRadio, Pandora, Deezer, and TuneIn. Once any of these services have been linked, HomePod users can say things like ‘Siri, play rock music on Pandora,’ or ‘Siri, play Twenty One Pilots on Deezer.
Why is my HomePod not playing music?
Make sure that HomePod is turned on Make sure that HomePod is plugged into power. … You can also say “Hey Siri.” If Siri responds, then HomePod is turned on. Another way to check is to open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and tap or click the HomePod tile. If music plays, HomePod is turned on.
Can you listen in on HomePod?
Like every other smart speaker with an integrated voice assistant function, the HomePod comes with an “always-on” mic, which allows it to listen to conversations.
Can you use HomePod as microphone?
1 Answer. It cannot be used as a microphone and DOES NOT show up under input in the sound settings. It acts as an AirPlay receiver like Apple TV, not a Bluetooth device like AirPods.
How do I use HomePod as a speaker?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
Can you use HomePod as Mac speaker?
As long as your HomePod mini and your Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network, you can use the HomePod mini as a Mac speaker. You don’t need to use the same Apple ID on both devices. Once both of them are on the same Wi-Fi network, the HomePod mini will show up directly in any AirPlay menu on your Mac.
How do I get Pandora to play on HomePod?
- Open the Pandora app on your iOS device.
- Go to Profile and tap Settings.
- Next select Connect with HomePod.
- Then tap Use in Home.