- In the Music app on your Mac, do any of the following to play music: Stream songs from Apple Music.
- Click the AirPlay button at the top of the Music window, then select the checkbox next to HomePod. Whatever song you were playing in Music on your computer now plays on HomePod, too.
Moreover, how do I play music on my HomePod?
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some music”.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some rock” and Siri will start playing rock music from an Apple Music radio station.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play rock music from my library” and Siri will only play rock tunes from your music.
You asked, how do I play my iTunes library on HomePod?
- Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Play songs.
- Play Apple Music radio.
- Listen to internet radio.
People ask also, how do I play music from HomePod without my iPhone? Use Siri on HomePod And, you don’t need your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to be present to use Siri to play music, control your home, or to ask questions. Just say “Hey Siri,” then make your request.
Correspondingly, how do I import music to HomePod? Transferring audio from your iPhone to your HomePod is simple. All you need to play any audio file on the iPhone and tap your iPhone to the touchpad of the HomePod.Music directly through homepod will require Apple Music subscription. Although music will be able to be played from your Mac or iOS devices using AirPlay 2 also.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
What is my HomePod playing?
You can see what’s playing on your HomePod at any time either by asking Siri to tell you or by accessing the HomePod via Control Center or the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad. To do so you have to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
Why is my HomePod playing random music?
Other Reasons. There could be other reasons for HomePod to play music randomly. One of the reasons is giving Speaker access to everyone. If you have set up speaker access for everyone, then it is possible that someone is unknowingly playing music on your HomePod.
How do I play iPhone music on HomePod?
- On your iPhone or iPod touch, go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff, then make sure Transfer to HomePod is turned on.
- Hold your iPhone or iPod touch near the top of HomePod.
Can you use HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
While your HomePod Mini uses Bluetooth for some connectivity, you can’t use one as a Bluetooth speaker. The only way to use audio with a HomePod Mini is by using an Apple device like an iPhone, iPad, Macbook, iMac, or an Apple TV.
How do you skip songs on HomePod?
Go to the next track: Double-tap the top of HomePod to skip the song that’s currently playing. Go to the previous track: Triple-tap the top of HomePod. This control works only when you’re listening to a playlist or an album.
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do I connect my iPhone to my HomePod?
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, centre HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
How do I get HomePod on my iPhone?
- Open your device Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Select iCloud.
- Under Apps Using iCloud, choose Find My or Find My iPhone.
- Enable it by moving the slider to green and when the pop-up appears explaining the feature, click OK when you finish reading it.
How do I make my HomePod discoverable?
Can you talk through HomePod?
As the name implies, you can use your HomePods to send voice messages to everyone in your home, or to specific rooms, using Siri. But Apple took the feature one step further by allowing you to send and receive the same messages from an iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.