- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad that is associated with the HomePod.
- Don’t tap on the HomePod icon, instead tap on the little house icon in the top left above where it says My Home.
- Now scroll down to where it says Allow Speaker Access and tap on it.
Amazingly, can I play music on HomePod without Wi-Fi? From now on, you can use your HomePod without the need for a WiFi connection. You just have to use the playback app on your iPhone or iPad, press the AirPlay icon to send it to the HomePod, and you will see how despite not having WiFi the speaker will appear among the options.
Additionally, how do I AirPlay my HomePod mini without Wi-Fi?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad or Mac.
- On iOS, tap the Home Settings icon in the upper-left corner.
- Choose the option Allow Speaker Access underneath the heading Speakers.
Similarly, how do I play music directly from HomePod?
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some music”.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play some rock” and Siri will start playing rock music from an Apple Music radio station.
- Say “Hey, Siri, play rock music from my library” and Siri will only play rock tunes from your music.
Frequent question, does HomePod use Wi-Fi or Bluetooth? HomePod is not a conventional Bluetooth speaker. You must have a working Wi-Fi connection in order to set up HomePod. Once suitably configured it is possible to use HomePod for peer to peer AirPlay when a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet isn’t available. See Allow others to control audio on HomePod and allow access for.Though HomePod is designed to work with an Apple Music subscription, it is able to play content from third-party services from an iOS device or a Mac using peer-to-peer AirPlay. … HomePod also does not work as a standard Bluetooth speaker with non-Apple devices using a Bluetooth connection.
Can I use HomePod without iPhone?
Use Siri on HomePod And, you don’t need your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to be present to use Siri to play music, control your home, or to ask questions. Just say “Hey Siri,” then make your request.
How do I use my HomePod mini as a Bluetooth speaker?
Can you set up HomePod with hotspot?
How do I put a password on my HomePod?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad Home screen.
- Tap on the Add Home button (looks like a location arrow), top right.
- Tap on Allow Speaker Access in the Speakers section.
- Tap on:
- Tap on Require Password if you want additional security.
Why is my HomePod not playing music?
Make sure that HomePod is turned on Make sure that HomePod is plugged into power. … You can also say “Hey Siri.” If Siri responds, then HomePod is turned on. Another way to check is to open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and tap or click the HomePod tile. If music plays, HomePod is turned on.
What is my HomePod playing?
You can see what’s playing on your HomePod at any time either by asking Siri to tell you or by accessing the HomePod via Control Center or the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad. To do so you have to be on the same Wi-Fi network.
How do I know what HomePod is playing?
You can see what your HomePod is currently playing from Control Center. Simply open the Control Center, and long-press on the music widget. You’ll then see the controls for Music on your phone, or you can scroll down to see the now playing on your HomePod.
How do I put my HomePod Mini in pairing mode?
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Use as Stereo Pair and follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I use HomePod on public wifi?
- On your iPhone or iPad, connect to the 802.1X Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Home app.
- Press and hold HomePod, then tap Settings.
- Tap “Move HomePod to [network name]”.
- Tap Done after your HomePod connects to the new network.
How do I use HomePod as a speaker?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
Is the HomePod worth it?
Apple’s HomePod is the best-sounding wireless smart speaker available, and you can control it by voice using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. But the HomePod is worth considering only if you’re an iPhone owner and a subscriber to Apple Music (or are willing to be)—don’t buy it if you want to keep streaming Spotify.