Simply open up the Apple Podcast app, select the episode you want to play, then hit the AirPlay icon at the bottom of the playback screen (the little triangle with the speaker) and select the HomePod, along with any other speakers you want to play it on.
Subsequently, how do I get Siri to play a podcast?
- Press and hold the Home button.
- After the chime, tell Siri what podcast you want to listen to. To play all your podcasts, say something like, “Play my podcasts”; to play a specific podcast.
Likewise, can you listen in on HomePod? Like every other smart speaker with an integrated voice assistant function, the HomePod comes with an “always-on” mic, which allows it to listen to conversations.
Considering this, can Siri start a podcast? On iOS and watchOS, you can also use Siri to play podcasts from third-party apps that support SiriKit. Play your favorite podcast, listen to a new podcast, and subscribe to podcasts. Say “Hey Siri,” then say something like: … “Play the latest episode of Lore podcast.”
Also the question is, how do I listen to podcasts on Apple play?
- Open the Apple Podcasts app.
- Choose a podcast episode and tap the play button.
- Tap the player at the bottom of the screen to open the Now Playing screen and access the playback controls.
There are two ways to get podcasts playing on the HomePod. … Simply open up the Apple Podcast app, select the episode you want to play, then hit the AirPlay icon at the bottom of the playback screen (the little triangle with the speaker) and select the HomePod, along with any other speakers you want to play it on.
How do I get my playlist to play on HomePod?
Playlists and Library For items in your library, use the “play my” command and Siri will play albums and songs already added to your library. For everything else, Siri will play any songs available on Apple Music, even if they aren’t in your library yet. “Hey Siri, play my Book Time playlist.”
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Is HomePod always listening?
Aside from iOS devices, Hey Siri always listens for questions and commands on the HomePod and HomePod mini smart speakers. If you rarely use Hey Siri on those speakers, it’s worth disabling the feature for some extra privacy.
What’s the difference between HomePod and HomePod mini?
As the name implies, the main difference between the two devices is the size. Standing just under 8.5cm tall, HomePod mini is less than half the height of the standard HomePod. It very much shares its sibling’s design DNA, but in the same breath it also looks quite different.
How do I ask Siri to play a playlist?
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Begin talking after the familiar Siri chime, telling Siri to play a playlist, by name. For example, say, “Play Road Trip playlist,” or “Play playlist called Dance Tunes.”
Why won’t Siri respond when music is playing?
Try going to Settings -> General -> Software Update and updating your iOS. You can also try to be nearer the microphone if the music is playing louder. Also be aware that Hey Siri only works on battery on the iPhone 6S and later so if ypir phone is older than that you need to have it plugged in.
Can HomePod read books?
No, the HomePod can’t natively play an audio book from Apple’s bookstore. Audiobooks have to download and then play, they do not stream like music or podcasts, and the HomePod does not have the storage, or a user folder like that. You can airplay audible or anything to your HomePod from you iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc.
How do I play podcasts through Bluetooth?
- On your Android phone, please open Settings -> Device Connection-> Bluetooth and set it to On.
- Wait for the screen to update and display your car audio system, then select it to pair.
- After pairing, please play a podcast in the Podbean Android app. You will hear the podcast from your car audio.
Can Apple watch play podcasts without phone?
If you’re connected to Wi-Fi or cellular on your Apple Watch Series 3 or later, you can stream Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and audiobooks, even when you’re away from your iPhone. … Then you can play the content on your watch without your iPhone nearby, even if your watch is not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular.
How do I get podcasts to play in order?
- Tap the options (…) button on the podcast’s description page.
- Tap Settings.
- Under the Episodes section, choose the order in which you want this particular show to play. Select Play in Sequential Order if you wish to play the show in the order it was intended to be heard.
Does HomePod mini work without wifi?
Can you use HomePod without Wi-Fi or Internet? You can, but you will lose most of the smart features such as Siri integration and the Apple HomeKit. The HomePod will only work without the internet via AirPlay, which will allow you to play music and podcasts.