- On the Apple TV, go to Settings and then Video and Audio.
- Scroll down to find Audio Output.
- In Audio Output, you should see a list of all the AirPlay speakers on the network. The HomePod will appear here. Select it and it should connect in a second or two.
Correspondingly, can you use HomePod as TV speaker with Apple TV? If you want to use two HomePod mini or HomePod speakers, create a stereo pair, then assign the stereo pair to the same room as your Apple TV in the Home app. Turn on your Apple TV. You’ll be asked if you want to Use HomePod speakers as Apple TV speakers. Select Use as Apple TV Speakers to turn on home theater audio.
Moreover, how do I transfer audio from Apple TV to HomePod?
- In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, touch and hold Apple TV.
- Scroll down, then tap .
- Tap Default Audio Output, then tap the room with your HomePod or HomePod stereo pair. Note: This setting routes all sound, including navigation clicks, from Apple TV to your HomePod.
Similarly, can you stream audio from TV to HomePod? The new second-generation Apple TV 4K is capable of relaying audio from a compatible TV to a HomePod – even when you’re not using your Apple TV. This allows you to stream audio from a TV-connected game console or other set-top box straight to Apple’s smart speakers.
Likewise, is Apple discontinuing the HomePod? We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Does Apple TV have an audio out?
The new Apple TV lacks the digital/analog audio output port of the previous models. But you have options! … (AirPlay and older Apple TV models support 5.1 surround sound, while the new Apple TV can output both 5.1 and 7.1 but only via HDMI.
Can I use my HomePod as a Bluetooth speaker?
Though HomePod is designed to work with an Apple Music subscription, it is able to play content from third-party services from an iOS device or a Mac using peer-to-peer AirPlay. … HomePod also does not work as a standard Bluetooth speaker with non-Apple devices using a Bluetooth connection.
Can you connect one HomePod Mini to Apple TV?
HomePod or HomePod mini must be set up with a compatible iPhone or iPad. Currently, you can’t connect one directly to your Apple TV. … You’ll also need a compatible Apple TV, the fourth-generation Apple TV or newer, and your HomePod or HomePod mini must also be on the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV.
Can I connect HomePod mini to TV?
Connect HomePod Minis to your Apple TV Now it’s time to connect your HomePod Minis to your Apple TV. Keep in mind, the HomePod Minis and the Apple TV need to be on the same 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. To create a surround-sound system, you’ll use AirPlay to send the Apple TV’s sound to the HomePod Minis.
Is HomePod worth it 2020?
Apple’s HomePod is the best-sounding wireless smart speaker available, and you can control it by voice using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. But the HomePod is worth considering only if you’re an iPhone owner and a subscriber to Apple Music (or are willing to be)—don’t buy it if you want to keep streaming Spotify.
Can you stream Bluetooth to HomePod mini?
The HomePod mini is compatible with Bluetooth 5.0 and 802.11n Wi-Fi. Of course, the speaker also works with Apple AirPlay 2, so you can stream directly from Apple devices.
How do I connect my HomePod to my Smart TV?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap and hold the HomePod icon.
- Scroll down and tap Create Stereo Pair.
- Select the HomePods you’d like to pair together.
- Adjust the audio output so they’re assigned to the correct channels.
Can I connect my HomePod to my PS5?
You can’t. PS5 doesn’t have AirPlay.
Can you connect HomePod mini to ps4?
Answer: A: No. HomePod works with AirPlay compatible sources, it cannot be used as the audio for your broadcast TV, PS 4 or other potential sources.
How do I use external speakers with Apple TV?
- Step 1: Move to the Settings section from your Apple TV Home Screen.
- Step 2: Choose the Audio and Video option.
- Step 3: Check if the Audio out option is connected on Apple TV or not.
- Step 4: Adjust the Audio mode settings from auto to 16 bit.
Why is Apple HomePod not available?
Almost all of Apple’s stores in the United States have stopped offering the HomePod for in-store purchase and pickup, with the speaker listed as unavailable in nearly all retail locations. … Apple officially discontinued the HomePod in March in order to focus its efforts on the development of the HomePod mini.