- Make sure your Mac and HomePod are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an app on your Mac that can stream content.
- Click the AirPlay button, which looks like or , depending on the app.
- Select the checkbox next to your HomePod in the list of devices, then choose some content to stream from your Mac.
As many you asked, can you use HomePod as Mac speaker? As long as your HomePod mini and your Mac are on the same Wi-Fi network, you can use the HomePod mini as a Mac speaker. You don’t need to use the same Apple ID on both devices. Once both of them are on the same Wi-Fi network, the HomePod mini will show up directly in any AirPlay menu on your Mac.
Moreover, how do I AirPlay from Macbook to HomePod?
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on Sound.
- Select Output in the top bar.
- Scroll through the options to find the correct HomePod (it’ll say AirPlay next to it), and click on it to select it as the Mac’s sound output.
You asked, can you set up a HomePod with a Mac? You can’t set up HomePod with Mac.
Quick Answer, does HomePod mini work with Macbook? HomePod mini also works with iTunes Music purchases, iCloud Music Library with an Apple Music or iTunes Match Subscription, Apple Radio, Podcasts, and AirPlay content from iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple TV, and Mac.
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure both HomePod speakers are in the same room.
- Touch and hold one of the HomePods.
- Swipe up and tap the cog icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Create Stereo Pair.
Can you use HomePod for YouTube?
Launch the YouTube app on your iOS/iPadOS device and find the video that you want to listen to using your HomePod. Start playing the video and swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen to bring up the iOS Control Center. … Within a second, the audio playback will be switched to your HomePod.
How do I AirPlay to HomePod?
Connect HomePod Minis to your Apple TV To create a surround-sound system, you’ll use AirPlay to send the Apple TV’s sound to the HomePod Minis. Press and hold the home button on the Siri remote to open the control center. Select the audio controls button and a list of available audio devices will appear.
How do I AirPlay from Mac to Spotify?
- Open System Preferences using the icon in your Dock or Apple icon > System Preferences from the menu bar.
- Select Sound and pick the Output tab.
- Pick your HomePod in the list of output devices.
What’s the difference between HomePod and HomePod mini?
As the name implies, the main difference between the two devices is the size. Standing just under 8.5cm tall, HomePod mini is less than half the height of the standard HomePod. It very much shares its sibling’s design DNA, but in the same breath it also looks quite different.
How do I know what WIFI my HomePod is on?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
How do I connect my HomePod to my computer?
- Stream music and video from Apple Music.
- Play songs.
- Play Apple Music radio.
- Listen to internet radio.
How do I set up HomePod?
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Why is HomePod discontinued?
Apple on March 12, 2021, announced that it has discontinued the full-sized HomePod in order to focus its efforts on the HomePod mini. The HomePod was available to purchase from the Online Apple Store, Apple retail locations, and third-party retailers, until supplies ran out, and then Apple discontinued it.
How do I use my HomePod mini as a Bluetooth speaker?
How do I connect my HomePod mini to my computer?
- Make sure your two HomePod minis are configured in a stereo pair — see here — and that they’re located in the same room as your Mac. 2. Open the Apple Music app on your Mac, select the AirPlay icon in the top-right corner, and select the stereo-paired HomePod minis as the default speakers.