On your HomePod: Ask Siri to play a radio station. On your PC: Open iTunes, choose Music from the pop-up menu, then click Radio in the navigation bar. On the web: Go to music.apple.com, then click Radio in the sidebar.
Similarly, why can’t HomePod play BBC radio? The situation with HomePod is that – unlike Amazon Alexa and Google – Apple have not made it possible to integrate BBC Sounds into their voice devices, so we have not given them access to BBC’s live radio streams.
Best answer for this question, what radio stations can I play on my HomePod?
- Hey Siri Play Bloomberg Radio.
- Hey Siri play ESPN radio ( EPSN news and sports)
- Hey Siri Play NPR Radio.
- Hey Siri Play WAMU 88.5 Radio.
- Hey Siri Play TED Radio Hour.
- Hey Siri Play Radio Boston.
- Hey Siri Play 98.5 The Sports Hub Radio.
In this regard, can Apple home Pod play the radio? The Apple HomePod can now start to play live radio stations if you ask Siri to play them. … Following a software update in October 2019 the speaker gained the ability to play radio stations provided by TuneIn radio, as well as various podcasts thanks to iHeartRadio.
Furthermore, how do you get Siri to play a radio station? Listen to the radio Say “Hey Siri,” then say something like: “Play Z100.” “Play BBC Radio.”Like every other smart speaker with an integrated voice assistant function, the HomePod comes with an “always-on” mic, which allows it to listen to conversations. Also, a report revealed that smart speakers like the HomePod can self-activate and record conversations up to 46 seconds without its user knowing.
How do you create a shortcut on HomePod?
Run a shortcut with Siri You can run any shortcut that you have by asking Siri on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch or HomePod. Just say “Hey Siri,” then the name of the shortcut.
Can HomePod play radio 4?
One of the biggest omissions from HomePod is that it won’t play BBC radio stations if you ask it to. It can only play Beats 1 radio. For all other radio stations, you’ll have to stream via AirPlay instead.
What is the best free radio app?
- Amazon Music Prime. Free for Prime customers.
- Spotify Free. The world’s most popular streaming service, in a free version.
- YouTube Music. Google your tunes.
- Pandora. One of the oldest is still one of the best.
- Slacker Radio / LiveXLive. It’s live!
- Sonos Radio.
Can you play Sirius on HomePod?
Yes, with AirPlay, you can stream audio from a device, such as an iPhone which has the SiriusXM app, to your HomePod mini.
How can I listen to radio on my iPhone for free?
- Ask Siri: Activate Siri, then say something like, “Play Wild 94.9” or “Tune in to ESPN Radio.”
- Search for a station: Tap Search, enter the station in the search field, then tap a result to play the station.
Is Apple Radio Free?
With iOS 7, Apple has debuted iTunes Radio, its answer to streaming music services like Rdio, Spotify, and Pandora. It is a free service with some occasional ads.
How can I listen to radio on my iPhone without Internet?
- Plug in your headphones or earbuds.
- Launch the NextRadio app.
- Tap the ☰ (three horizontal lines) menu icon.
- Tap Local FM Radio.
- Tap the station you want to listen to.
Can Siri identify songs by humming?
Apple Siri and Google Voice Assistant The virtual voice assistant will look for matching results and recommend songs accordingly. If you are using a Windows Phone, Microsoft’s Cortana can also perform a similar search and help you recognize songs by humming.
Do radio apps work for drive ins?
It seems like it should be easy to get a radio app for a drive-in theater. … There are some good radio apps like TuneIn, Simple Radio, or iHeartRadio. They’ll easily stream popular radio stations, but they aren’t built to tune into the specific FM frequencies you need for a drive-in and play the sound ad-free.
How do I ask Siri to play a playlist?
- Press and hold the Home button.
- Begin talking after the familiar Siri chime, telling Siri to play a playlist, by name. For example, say, “Play Road Trip playlist,” or “Play playlist called Dance Tunes.”
How do I stop HomePod from listening?
Disable “Hey Siri” From Your HomePod Mini The first way to turn off the “Hey Siri” listening feature is to simply ask the HomePod to stop listening. You can say, “Hey Siri, stop listening.” Your HomePod will confirm if you want to disable the “Hey Siri” functionality.