Tap and hold or 3D Touch the HomePod icon for the specific HomePod you’re having issues with. At the top a message will appear that says “This HomePod is on a different Wi-Fi network than this iPhone. Move HomePod to ‘(Wi-Fi name)’”. Give it a few seconds and HomePod will automatically connect to the new Wi-Fi network.
Also, how do I connect my HomePod to my Wi-Fi?
You asked, how do I reset my HomePod to a new Wi-Fi?
- Launch the Home app.
- Tap Rooms.
- Swipe to the left or right to locate the Room your HomePod is in, and then tap and hold on the HomePod.
- Swipe down and tap the Settings icon.
- Swipe down and tap Reset HomePod.
- Tap Restart HomePod.
Additionally, how do I change the Wi-Fi on my HomePod mini?
Likewise, why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod? Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
How do I get rid of HomePod?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod.
- Tap or click Remove.
Can HomePod connect to 5GHz?
The larger ‘OG HomePod’ supports 802.11ac at 5GHz and 2.4GHz at 802.11n.
Is the HomePod discontinued?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Does HomePod work without WiFi?
From now on, you can use your HomePod without the need for a WiFi connection. You just have to use the playback app on your iPhone or iPad, press the AirPlay icon to send it to the HomePod, and you will see how despite not having WiFi the speaker will appear among the options.
How do I update my HomePod software?
- Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS.
- Open the Home app. Select Home , then Home Settings > Software Update.
- Select HomePod to turn automatic updates on or off. If there’s a new update, select Update.
What is HomePod sound check?
It’s just a setting that normalizes the volume for the music. In case you have different music files that are set to different audio levels. This avoids one song sounding way louder than the previous one. It’s been there for other products. 3.
How do I connect my iPhone to HomePod?
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
Why is AirPlay not working on my HomePod?
AirPlay isn’t connecting Check to make sure your HomePod is plugged in. … Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and that the HomePod is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you’re streaming audio from Apple TV, make sure AirPlay is turned on on your Apple TV.
How do I get HomePod on my iPhone?
- Open your device Settings.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Select iCloud.
- Under Apps Using iCloud, choose Find My or Find My iPhone.
- Enable it by moving the slider to green and when the pop-up appears explaining the feature, click OK when you finish reading it.
How do I stop HomePod from changing my Wi-Fi?
When you’re AirPlaying content to HomePod it will, if possible, try to fetch the content from source, which will save power on the iPhone. This is an automatic system similar to handoff. You cannot turn it off.
How do I listen to HomePod without Wi-Fi?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad that is associated with the HomePod.
- Don’t tap on the HomePod icon, instead tap on the little house icon in the top left above where it says My Home.
- Now scroll down to where it says Allow Speaker Access and tap on it.