In iOS 12 and later, HomePod will automatically connect to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. If you’ve recently changed your Wi-Fi password or moved HomePod to a new location, wait a few seconds, then ask Siri a question to see if HomePod is connected to Wi-Fi.
Also, how do I reconnect my HomePod? Restart HomePod Open the Home app on the primary user’s iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then select Restart HomePod.
Additionally, how do I reset my HomePod Wi-Fi?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then tap and hold the HomePod that you want to reset.
- Next, scroll down and tap Reset HomePod.
- Then select Remove Accessory.
- Next, tap Remove.
- Finally, wait for your HomePod to reset.
Subsequently, how do I connect my Apple HomePod to the Internet?
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
Quick Answer, why is my HomePod mini not connecting to Wi-Fi? The Home app may also give alerts about why the mini isn’t connected to Wi-Fi and what may be the solution. If the problem keeps happening, try restoring your HomePod to factory settings and starting over. You can manually reset this way by unplugging the mini, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in.Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
How do I update HomePod WIFI?
- In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap. , then tap Home Settings. Note: If you have more than one home, you see settings for your current home (based on your location).
- Tap Software Update, then turn on Install Updates Automatically.
How long does it take for HomePod to configure?
When you go to configure the HomePod Mini again, it should configure in under 20-minutes. Although, some people still have to wait a few hours for it to finish configuring.
Is the HomePod discontinued?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
How do you recalibrate HomePod?
Reset the HomePod’s Sound Calibration This happens every time the HomePod is moved, so if you want to force a manual recalibration, simply pick up the speaker and put it down again.
How do I know if HomePod is connected to my Wi-Fi?
- On either the Home or Rooms tab, tap and hold the icon for your HomePod.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the next screen.
- Now on the settings screen, scroll to the very bottom. You should see Wi-Fi Address; tap it and your Wi-Fi Network will display.
How do I connect my HomePod mini to a new Wi-Fi?
How do I know if my HomePod has Wi-Fi?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone.
- Press and hold the HomePod button.
- Tap Settings when you have the option.
- Select the WiFi network you would like to connect to.
How do I make my HomePod discoverable?
Why is AirPlay not working on my HomePod?
AirPlay isn’t connecting Check to make sure your HomePod is plugged in. … Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and that the HomePod is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you’re streaming audio from Apple TV, make sure AirPlay is turned on on your Apple TV.
Can you use a HomePod without WiFi?
From now on, you can use your HomePod without the need for a WiFi connection. You just have to use the playback app on your iPhone or iPad, press the AirPlay icon to send it to the HomePod, and you will see how despite not having WiFi the speaker will appear among the options.
How do I listen to HomePod without WiFi?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad that is associated with the HomePod.
- Don’t tap on the HomePod icon, instead tap on the little house icon in the top left above where it says My Home.
- Now scroll down to where it says Allow Speaker Access and tap on it.