Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that’s signed in with the Apple ID used to set up HomePod. On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then tap or click Remove Accessory.
Additionally, how do I unlink my iPhone from HomePod? Use the Home app to reset HomePod On iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double click HomePod. Then scroll to the bottom and tap or click Remove Accessory. Tap or click Remove.
Subsequently, how do I remove HomePod from home app?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod.
- Tap or click Remove.
Considering this, how do I switch from HomePod to iPhone Speaker?
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap AirPlay & Handoff.
- Tap the switch for Transfer to HomePod.
Furthermore, why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod? Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
- Plug HomePod in to power.
- Unlock your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and hold it next to HomePod.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to choose your HomePod settings.
- When asked, center HomePod in the viewfinder on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to complete pairing.
- Wait for HomePod to finish setup.
How do I remove Apple accessories from home?
- Open the Home app.
- Long-press on an accessory (on Mac right-click)
- Tap the Settings gear in the bottom right corner (or just swipe down)
- Swipe to the bottom and look for Remove Accessory.
- Tap it once, then again to confirm.
How do I remove home from control center iOS 14?
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Control Center.
- Tap to turn off Show Home Controls.
Why does my HomePod keep pausing?
If the problem keeps happening, try restoring your HomePod to factory settings and starting over. You can manually reset this way by unplugging the mini, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in. Wait five seconds, then press your finger on the top of the HomePod mini and hold it there.
Is HomePod worth it 2020?
Apple’s HomePod is the best-sounding wireless smart speaker available, and you can control it by voice using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. But the HomePod is worth considering only if you’re an iPhone owner and a subscriber to Apple Music (or are willing to be)—don’t buy it if you want to keep streaming Spotify.
Is Apple discontinuing the HomePod?
We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.
Can I use Apple HomePod as TV speaker?
If you want to use two HomePod mini or HomePod speakers, create a stereo pair, then assign the stereo pair to the same room as your Apple TV in the Home app. Turn on your Apple TV. You’ll be asked if you want to Use HomePod speakers as Apple TV speakers. Select Use as Apple TV Speakers to turn on home theater audio.
Why is AirPlay not working on my HomePod?
AirPlay isn’t connecting Check to make sure your HomePod is plugged in. … Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and that the HomePod is connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you’re streaming audio from Apple TV, make sure AirPlay is turned on on your Apple TV.
How do I reset my HomePod to a new Wi-Fi?
- Launch the Home app.
- Tap Rooms.
- Swipe to the left or right to locate the Room your HomePod is in, and then tap and hold on the HomePod.
- Swipe down and tap the Settings icon.
- Swipe down and tap Reset HomePod.
- Tap Restart HomePod.
How do I make my HomePod discoverable?
How do I play my iPhone through HomePod?
Open the Music or Podcasts app on your iOS or iPadOS device, then tap the playback controls. , then select your HomePod. To return to the playback screen, tap outside of the AirPlay options. to play the current item, or swipe down from the top of the screen, then select a different item to play.
How do I add a second phone to HomePod?
- Update your HomePod or HomePod mini and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest software.
- Become a member of the home in the Home app.
- Open the Home app and follow the onscreen steps to let HomePod recognize your voice on every HomePod speaker in the home.