On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod. Scroll down and tap or click Reset HomePod, then tap or click Remove Accessory.
Best answer for this question, how do I get rid of HomePod?
- Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac.
- On iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold HomePod. On Mac, double-click HomePod.
- Tap or click Remove.
Likewise, how do I remove HomePod from my iPhone? All you have to do is open the Settings app on your iPhone and head to General, then AirPlay & Handoff, and tap the green toggle switch next to ‘Transfer to HomePod’ to disable the feature.
Moreover, how do I remove HomePod from my iPhone Mini? To reset your HomePod with an iPhone or iPad, open the Home app and press and then hold the button for your HomePod. Next, scroll down and select Reset HomePod > Remove Accessory > Remove. Finally, wait for your HomePod to sound a chime.
People ask also, is Apple discontinuing the HomePod? We are discontinuing the original HomePod, it will continue to be available while supplies last through the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Stores, and Apple Authorized Resellers. Apple will provide HomePod customers with software updates and service and support through Apple Care.If for some reason you aren’t happy with the sound your speaker is creating, pick up the HomePod, lift it in the air, and replace it where you want the speaker to go. This should automatically force the speaker to calibrate the sound again – something that takes seconds, and the audio should be improved.
Does HomePod work without WiFi?
From now on, you can use your HomePod without the need for a WiFi connection. You just have to use the playback app on your iPhone or iPad, press the AirPlay icon to send it to the HomePod, and you will see how despite not having WiFi the speaker will appear among the options.
How do I fix HomePod WIFI?
- Make sure that HomePod is turned on. Make sure that HomePod is plugged into power.
- Check for alerts in the Home app.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection.
- If “Hey Siri” isn’t responding.
- Restart HomePod.
- Remove HomePod from the Home app.
- Reset HomePod.
- Get help.
Why won’t my iPhone connect to HomePod?
Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and has the Home and Music app. Make sure that your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is updated to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Also check that the Music app and Home app are installed on the device that you’re using to set up HomePod.
Why does my HomePod keep pausing?
If the problem keeps happening, try restoring your HomePod to factory settings and starting over. You can manually reset this way by unplugging the mini, waiting 10 seconds, and plugging it back in. Wait five seconds, then press your finger on the top of the HomePod mini and hold it there.
How do I update my HomePod software?
- Make sure that your device is updated to the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS.
- Open the Home app. Select Home , then Home Settings > Software Update.
- Select HomePod to turn automatic updates on or off. If there’s a new update, select Update.
How do I change my HomePod WIFI?
Long-press on your HomePod to access its settings. Here, at the top, you’ll be detailed why you’re facing the Wi-Fi network issue. Scroll down in this menu to access more options. Now, you’ll see the message that your iPhone is connected to a different Wi-Fi network.
How do I update HomePod WIFI?
- In the Home app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap. , then tap Home Settings. Note: If you have more than one home, you see settings for your current home (based on your location).
- Tap Software Update, then turn on Install Updates Automatically.
Can I still buy HomePod?
Apple is discontinuing the original HomePod to focus on the HomePod mini. You can still get software updates, service, and support for the HomePod. But Apple won’t be producing any updated models. Even with the news, the HomePod is still available to purchase through many outlets.
Is the HomePod worth it?
Apple’s HomePod is the best-sounding wireless smart speaker available, and you can control it by voice using Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. But the HomePod is worth considering only if you’re an iPhone owner and a subscriber to Apple Music (or are willing to be)—don’t buy it if you want to keep streaming Spotify.
What’s the difference between HomePod and HomePod mini?
As the name implies, the main difference between the two devices is the size. Standing just under 8.5cm tall, HomePod mini is less than half the height of the standard HomePod. It very much shares its sibling’s design DNA, but in the same breath it also looks quite different.
What should I ask HomePod?
- Music related. Hey Siri, play some music.
- Volume & playback controls. Hey Siri, make it louder.
- Local area. Hey Siri, where is the nearest fish and chip shop.
- Current affairs. Hey Siri, what’s the news.
- Weather. Hey Siri, do I need an umbrella?
- Admin. Hey Siri, read my messages.