First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
As many you asked, how do I force a factory reset on my iMac? After the iMac shuts down completely but before it begins to restart, hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys at the same time. The Mac will display the macOS Utilities menu, from which you can reinstall Mac OS.
You asked, how do you reset a Mac when its locked?
Furthermore, how do I factory reset my 2009 iMac without CD? Select the hard drive on which Mac OS X is installed from the tree list on the left side of the window. Open the “Erase” tab. Select “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” from the “Format:” drop menu and enter a name for the hard drive in the “Name:” text entry field. Click “Erase…” to clear all of the hard drive’s contents.
People ask also, how do I factory reset my iMac 2021?
- In the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen, choose Restart.
- As the system is restarting, hold both the Command and R keys on the keyboard at the same time until you see the Recovery Mode window.
- Enter your admin password to confirm the action.
Answer: A: First, make sure caps lock is not on. If the user account is associated with an Apple ID, and you know the Apple ID password, then maybe theApple ID can be used to reset your user account password. Otherwise, boot into Recovery by holding down the key combination command-R at startup.
- 1 How do I reset my Mac computer?
- 2 Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
- 3 How do I reset my 2009 iMac without the password?
- 4 How do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
- 5 How do I reset my 2010 iMac to factory settings?
- 6 How do I restore my Mac Air to factory settings?
- 7 How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- 8 How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
- 9 What do I do if I locked myself out of my iMac?
- 10 What do I do if I don’t know my administrator password Mac?
- 11 How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
How do I reset my Mac computer?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My. If you can’t remember that passcode, you have three options: Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
How do I reset my 2009 iMac without the password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I restore my 2009 iMac to factory settings?
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
How do I reset my 2010 iMac to factory settings?
- Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.
- When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu.
- Click the Erase tab.
How do I restore my Mac Air to factory settings?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
What do I do if I locked myself out of my iMac?
- Turn off your Mac (choose Apple > Shut Down).
- Press the power button while holding down Command-R. The Mac will boot into Recovery mode.
- Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
- Choose Utilities > Terminal.
- Enter resetpassword (all one word, lowercase letters) and press Return.
What do I do if I don’t know my administrator password Mac?
Select Utilities > Terminal to open a Terminal window. Type resetpassword and press Return to open the Reset Password screen. Select I forgot my password from the available options. Enter the password for the account’s Apple ID.
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password