- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Best answer for this question, how do I wipe my MacBook pro clean and start over? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Additionally, how do I restore my MacBook Pro from Disk Utility?
- In the Disk Utility app on your Mac, choose View > Show All Devices.
- In the sidebar, select the volume you want to restore, then click the Restore button .
- Click the Restore pop-up menu, then choose the volume you want to copy.
- Click Restore, then click Done.
Similarly, how do you reset Apple Disk Utility?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
People ask also, how do I restore my MacBook to factory? First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
- 1 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 2 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 3 How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- 4 How do you reset an external hard drive on a Mac?
- 5 How do I do a factory reset?
- 6 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2013?
- 7 How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- 8 How do you hard boot a MacBook pro?
- 9 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 10 How do you reset a locked MacBook Pro?
- 11 How do I wipe a stolen MacBook Pro?
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
- Eventually your Mac will show the Recovery Mode Utilities window with the following options:
How do you reset an external hard drive on a Mac?
- Connect the drive to the Mac.
- Open Disk Utility.
- Select the drive you want to format.
- Click Erase.
- Give the drive a descriptive name and leave the default settings: OS X Extended format and GUID partition map.
- Click Erase and OS X will format the drive.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2013?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
How do you hard boot a MacBook pro?
To force restart a MacBook Pro: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + power/eject button.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do you reset a locked MacBook Pro?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.” Enter the recovery key, then click Next.
How do I wipe a stolen MacBook Pro?
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.