Reboot your Mac. Hold down Option/Alt-Command-R or Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R to force your Mac to boot into macOS Recovery Mode over the internet. This should boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.
Similarly, how do I restart my MacBook pro in recovery mode?
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
- Eventually your Mac will show the Recovery Mode Utilities window with the following options:
You asked, how do I start my Mac in recovery mode?
- Restart your Mac.
- Immediately hold down Command-R.
- Release them as soon as you see the Apple logo.
Also, how do you force a factory reset on a MacBook Pro? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Best answer for this question, how do I restore my Mac to factory settings from recovery mode?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
- Restart your Mac in safe mode.
- Check your login items to see if any of them are incompatible.
- Use the Disk Utility app on your Mac to repair your startup disk.
- Back up your disk, then reinstall macOS.
- Use macOS Recovery, part of the built-in recovery system of your Mac.
- 1 How do you erase a MacBook Pro?
- 2 How do I boot into recovery mode?
- 3 How do I boot my MacBook Pro in safe mode?
- 4 Does Mac recovery mode delete everything?
- 5 How do I restore a MacBook to factory settings?
- 6 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
- 7 How do I do a factory reset?
- 8 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 9 How do I factory reset my Mac without password?
- 10 How do I factory reset my iMac?
- 11 Why is my Mac not responding?
How do you erase a MacBook Pro?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I boot into recovery mode?
Keep holding the volume up button until you see the bootloader options. Now scroll through the various options using the volume buttons till you see ‘Recovery Mode’ and then press the power button to select it. You’ll now see an Android robot on your screen.
How do I boot my MacBook Pro in safe mode?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Shut Down. After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
- Restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key.
- Release the Shift key when you see the login window.
Does Mac recovery mode delete everything?
You can start your Mac, reinstall it or recover its certain software related issues or repair disks using Mac OS Recovery utilities. … When you use Recovery Mode tools there is no chance of losing data unless you reinstalling Mac or using disk utility without backup.
How do I restore a MacBook to factory settings?
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do I factory reset my Mac without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I factory reset my iMac?
Open the Apple menu and select Shut Down or hold down the power button and select Shut Down from the pop-up menu. Hold down the power button to turn the Mac on again and hold for several seconds until you see “Loading startup options.” Select Options from the startup screen to enter macOS Recovery.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.