- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Correspondingly, how do I reset my Mac like brand new? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
You asked, how do I restore my Macbook Pro to factory? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
You asked, how do I reset my Mac to latest version?
- Install the latest version of macOS compatible with your computer: Press and hold Option-Command-R.
- Reinstall your computer’s original version of macOS (including available updates): Press and hold Shift-Option-Command-R.
People ask also, how do you erase a Macbook Pro?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
- 1 How do I do a factory reset?
- 2 How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID?
- 3 How do I factory reset my Mac without a password?
- 4 How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without CD?
- 5 How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- 6 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 7 How do I rebuild my MacBook pro?
- 8 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 9 Should I reset my MacBook Pro?
- 10 How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2020?
- 11 How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID?
How do I factory reset my Mac without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I rebuild my MacBook pro?
Shut down the machine and boot it back up with an AC adapter plugged in. Hold the Command and R keys simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release them, and an alternative boot screen with a Mac OS X Utilities menu will appear to complete the system restore.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
Should I reset my MacBook Pro?
Resetting your MacBook Pro to the way it was when you got it from the factory isn’t difficult, but it isn’t quick, either. You could do it if you’ve been consistently having serious problems with the MacBook Pro. However, the only time you should definitely do it is when you’re about to sell or give away the machine.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
To do this, press and hold Command+R when restarting your MacBook Air or switching it on, holding both keys until you see the Apple logo. After the Apple logo appears and it’s finished starting up, you are shown the Utilities window. It’s here that you can erase your hard disk and perform the reset.