Turn off the Mac. Press the on button – and keep it pressed. When the Apple logo appears text will appear informing you that if you continue holding the power button you will be able to access startup options. Eventually you will be able to select Options > Continue and this will open up Recovery.
Frequent question, how do you force a factory reset on a MacBook Pro? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Amazingly, how do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without recovery mode?
- Select ‘Disk Utility. ‘
- Select the volume that you want to erase.
- Click ‘Erase. ‘
- Disk Utility will now wipe your hard drive. Once the process is complete, select ‘Quit Disk Utility,’ to return to the main macOS Utilities window.
Moreover, how do I factory reset my Mac without administrator?
You asked, how do I fix a Mac startup problem?
- Restart your Mac in safe mode.
- Check your login items to see if any of them are incompatible.
- Use the Disk Utility app on your Mac to repair your startup disk.
- Back up your disk, then reinstall macOS.
- Use macOS Recovery, part of the built-in recovery system of your Mac.
- 1 How do I force my Mac into recovery mode?
- 2 How do you restore a Mac to factory settings?
- 3 How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
- 4 How do you do a hard reset on a MacBook Air?
- 5 How do I reset my Mac password without a recovery key?
- 6 How do I factory reset my 2009 MacBook?
- 7 Can I reinstall macOS without Apple ID?
- 8 How do I wipe a stolen MacBook Pro?
- 9 How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- 10 Why is my Mac not responding?
- 11 How do you reset P RAM on a Mac?
How do I force my Mac into recovery mode?
Hold down Option/Alt-Command-R or Shift-Option/Alt-Command-R at startup to force macOS Recovery to boot over the Internet.
How do you restore a Mac to factory settings?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do you do a hard reset on a MacBook Air?
Restart a MacBook Air from the keyboard: Hold Control + Command + power button/eject button/Touch ID sensor. Force restart a MacBook Air: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + the power/eject/Touch ID button.
How do I reset my Mac password without a recovery key?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart.
- Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”
- Enter an Apple ID and password, then click Next.
How do I factory reset my 2009 MacBook?
Can I reinstall macOS without Apple ID?
What to do? Fortunately, you don’t need an Apple ID to update macOS software. … Third-party software purchased through the App Store requires the Apple ID logged in for the person who bought it in order to re-download it, but you may be able to install and launch updates without that login.
How do I wipe a stolen MacBook Pro?
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
How do you reset P RAM on a Mac?
- Power off your Mac.
- Press your Mac’s power button and then hold these four keys at the same time: ⌘ + option + P + R.
- Continue holding the keys until your Mac restarts for the second time. On older Macs, the chime will sound upon restart.