- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
You asked, how do you restore a Mac to factory settings? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Similarly, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010? As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
Also the question is, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
Frequent question, how do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
- 1 How do I reset my Mac without losing everything?
- 2 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 3 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings without CD?
- 4 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 without password?
- 5 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2014?
- 6 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- 7 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 8 What does a factory Reset erase?
- 9 Does factory Reset delete all data?
- 10 How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- 11 Will Internet Recovery wipe my Mac?
How do I reset my Mac without losing everything?
Step 1: Hold the Command + R keys until the MacBook’s utility window hasn’t opened. Step 2: Select Disk Utility and click on Continue. Step 4: Select the format as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and click on Erase. Step 5: Wait till the MacBook is completely reset and then go back to the Disk Utility’s main window.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings without CD?
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2014?
Backed up the pc, and shut down MacBook Pro. Boot it back up, then press and hold “Command-R” (the “Command” and “R” keys at the same time) to start the restore process. Held these keys until the Apple logo appears on the screen, and then released them.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
What does a factory Reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
Does factory Reset delete all data?
However, a security firm has determined returning Android devices to factory settings doesn’t actually wipe them clean. … Here are the step you need to take to protect your data.
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Will Internet Recovery wipe my Mac?
No, doing an Internet Recovery will not erase your hard drive (unless you explicitly choose do to that using Disk Utility ). It will only reinstall the OS for you.