- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Furthermore, how do I reset my Mac without a password? Turn off your computer and hold the power button + Command R. Wait for the loading bar to appear on the screen while your Mac boots to Recovery. Next, choose Disk Utility > Continue > Utilities Terminal. Type “resetpassword” (in one word) and click Return.
Similarly, how do you unlock a MacBook Pro without the password?
Also know, how do you force a factory reset on a MacBook Pro? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Correspondingly, how do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences.”
- Select “Security and Privacy.”
- Untick the box labeled “Requires Password.”
- Enter your Mac’s password in the pop-up window.
- Confirm your choice by clicking “Turn off screen lock.”
- 1 Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
- 2 How do I recover my MacBook Pro password?
- 3 Can a stolen MacBook be used?
- 4 How do I do a factory reset?
- 5 How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
- 6 How do you erase a MacBook Pro?
- 7 How can I tell if my macbook is stolen by serial number?
- 8 How do I make my Mac automatically login?
- 9 How do I recover my administrator account on Mac?
- 10 How do I find my Mac administrator password?
- 11 How do you unlock a Mac Lock?
Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My. If you can’t remember that passcode, you have three options: Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
How do I recover my MacBook Pro password?
Go to your Apple ID account page and click “Forgot Apple ID or password.” Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue. Did you forget your Apple ID? Choose a trusted device.* We’ll send your device a verification code.
Can a stolen MacBook be used?
Yes, unless you set a firmware password, they can format the device and use it.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do you erase a MacBook Pro?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How can I tell if my macbook is stolen by serial number?
Apple does not keep track of stolen Apple products. Decode Mac Serial Number, I don’t believe this will tell you if it has been stolen. Apple does not maintain a list of stolen products. You can call your local police to determine if the item is on the national hot list.
How do I make my Mac automatically login?
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.
- Click the lock , then enter the account password.
- Click Login Options in the lower-left corner.
- Choose an account from the “Automatic login” menu, then enter the password of that account.
How do I recover my administrator account on Mac?
You can recover the admin privileges easily by rebooting into Apple’s Setup Assistant tool. This will run before any accounts have been loaded, and will run in “root” mode, allowing you to create accounts on your Mac. Then, you can recover your admin rights via the new administrator account.
How do I find my Mac administrator password?
If you forget the MacBook admin password, the best place to locate the accounts you’ve set up is in the “Users and Groups” section of “System Preferences.” The accounts are listed in the left pane, and one of them is identified as the admin account.
How do you unlock a Mac Lock?
- Click the System Preferences icon in the Dock.
- Click the preference pane icon (such as Security) that you want to lock settings.
- Click the Lock icon.
- To unlock, type an administrator name and password.
- Click Unlock.
- Click the Close button.