Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
You asked, how do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook‘s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
Also the question is, how do I factory reset my 2009 MacBook Pro? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
Correspondingly, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010? As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
Moreover, how do I erase everything on my Mac and start over? Restart. If Force Quit doesn’t bail you out, try rebooting the computer. If a frozen Mac prevents you from clicking the Restart command on the Apple menu, hold down the power button for several seconds or press the Control+Command keys and then press the power button.
- 1 How do I manually restart my MacBook?
- 2 How do I reset my 2009 MacBook Pro without CD?
- 3 How do I factory reset my Mac without a password?
- 4 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2021?
- 5 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings without CD?
- 6 How do I do a factory reset?
- 7 How do I reset everything on my Mac?
- 8 How do you delete on a MacBook Pro?
- 9 How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
- 10 What causes black screen of death MacBook Pro?
- 11 Why would my MacBook Pro screen go black?
How do I manually restart my MacBook?
- Press the power button (or press Control+Eject) and, when a dialog box appears, click the Restart button.
- Choose the Apple key and then click Restart.
- Press Control+Command+Eject (or Control+Command+Power button).
How do I reset my 2009 MacBook Pro without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do I factory reset my Mac without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2021?
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings without CD?
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I reset everything on my Mac?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do you delete on a MacBook Pro?
Delete an item from your Mac or iCloud Drive On your Mac, drag the item to the Trash in the Dock or select the item, then press Command-Delete.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
Perform a Factory Reset To do this, press and hold Command+R when restarting your MacBook Air or switching it on, holding both keys until you see the Apple logo. After the Apple logo appears and it’s finished starting up, you are shown the Utilities window.
What causes black screen of death MacBook Pro?
Sometimes the black screen on Mac is as a result of corrupt information on the startup disk. A simple solution for this is to force your Mac to run diagnostics on the disk by booting it in safe mode. … Power up or restart your Mac. Hold the Shift key until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Why would my MacBook Pro screen go black?
Why Does My Mac Go Black? Running out of battery is one of the most common reasons why your Mac screen goes blank. Even if your Mac is plugged in, a bad battery or a faulty cable can stop your Mac from charging and thus the Mac showsss black screen and becomes unresponsive.