Press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds. If you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button. Release all keys.
Subsequently, how do I do a clean reset on my MacBook Pro?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
You asked, how do I fix the muffled sound on my MacBook Pro?
- Restart my Macbook.
- Plug in headphones and pull them out again.
- Type ‘midi’ into spotlight to enter ‘Audio MIDI Setup’ and change the audio frequency (Hz) of the Internal Speakers output.
- Killing the ‘coreaudiod’ process within terminal or activity monitor and restarting it.
Likewise, how do you clear everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
Amazingly, how do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
- Choose Apple menu > Shut Down and wait for your Mac to shut down.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Wait 5 seconds, then press the power button again to turn on your Mac.
- 1 Why is my audio muffled on Mac?
- 2 Why does my audio sound muffled Mac?
- 3 How do I wipe my Mac and start over?
- 4 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 5 How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
- 6 How do you Reset the phone when it is locked?
- 7 What does a factory Reset erase?
- 8 Does factory Reset delete all data?
- 9 How do you know if SMC is reset?
- 10 What happens when you reset the SMC on a MacBook Pro?
- 11 How do I reset the SMC on my MacBook Pro 2011?
Why is my audio muffled on Mac?
The first place to check if you are having audio problems is macOS Sound preferences. Go to System Preferences > Sound. Click on the “Output” tab and take a look at where your audio is being routed. Check the volume slider at the bottom, and uncheck the “Mute” box if necessary.
Why does my audio sound muffled Mac?
Head over to your System Preferences in the Apple Menu, and look for the Sound icon. … Try setting the sound to Internal Speakers. While you are at it, take a look at the volume bar below and make sure that your output volume is turned up and Mute is unchecked. This should restore audio to your native Mac speakers.
How do I wipe my Mac and start over?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do you Reset the phone when it is locked?
What does a factory Reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
Does factory Reset delete all data?
However, a security firm has determined returning Android devices to factory settings doesn’t actually wipe them clean. … Here are the step you need to take to protect your data.
How do you know if SMC is reset?
What happens when you reset the SMC on a MacBook Pro?
Resetting the SMC restores the default settings related to low-level functions that you generally can’t modify in System Preferences. The SMC controls the power button response, battery management, sleep settings, thermal management, lighting settings and video source selection.
How do I reset the SMC on my MacBook Pro 2011?
Connect the power adapter to the Mac. On the MacBook / Pro’s keyboard, hold down the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time. Release all keys and the power button at the same time – the little light on the MagSafe adapter may change colors briefly to indicate the SMC has reset.