To hard reset a MacBook Air, restart the MacBook and simultaneously press the Option, Command, P, and R keys. Hold down the keys for about 20 seconds.
Amazingly, how do I restore my Mac Air to factory settings?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Also know, how do I erase my MacBook Air and start over?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Similarly, how do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
Likewise, how do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2021?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook‘s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
How do I restore my MacBook Air to factory settings without CD?
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2010?
- Restart your Mac.
- Select Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Select your startup disk on the left and click the Erase tab.
- Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, and then click Erase.
- Select Reinstall OS X, click Continue, and then follow the instructions on your screen.
How do you reset a MacBook Air 2015?
To hard reset a MacBook Air, restart the MacBook and simultaneously press the Option, Command, P, and R keys. Hold down the keys for about 20 seconds. How do I reset my MacBook Air password? When you want to change your Mac login password, go to the Apple menu and select Restart.
How do you hard reset a macbook?
How do you unlock a macbook air without the password?
How do I reset my Mac without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I manually restart my MacBook?
- Press the power button (or press Control+Eject) and, when a dialog box appears, click the Restart button.
- Choose the Apple key and then click Restart.
- Press Control+Command+Eject (or Control+Command+Power button).
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
How do you do a hard reboot?
You can go for what is known as a “hard” reboot. Depending on your device, this can be achieved by pressing a combination of buttons. In most Android devices, you have to simultaneously press the power and volume down buttons for 5 seconds.