- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
In this regard, how do I completely reset my MacBook air? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Moreover, how do I completely reset my MacBook?
As many you asked, what happens when you reset your MacBook Air? Resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine, so we recommend that you make a backup of the data first. … The best thing about backing up with Time Machine is it makes it really easy to move your data to a new Mac afterwards.
Beside above, how do you erase a MacBook Air? Delete an item from your Mac or iCloud Drive On your Mac, drag the item to the Trash in the Dock or select the item, then press Command-Delete. If an item is locked, click Continue to confirm you want to move the locked item to the Trash.First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu. When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I reset the BIOS on a MacBook Pro?
Thankfully, it’s straightforward to reset them. First, power down your Mac, turn it on, then immediately press the following keys at the same time: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after you hear the startup chime.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2021?
How do I factory reset my IMAC 2020?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from the memory and restores certain security features that may have been altered.
How do u right click on a MacBook Air?
- Control-click: Press and hold the Control key while you click an item. For example, Control-click an icon, a window, the toolbar, the desktop, or another item.
- Customize how you Control-click: Change options for secondary click for your trackpad or for your mouse.
Where is delete key on MacBook?
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do you unlock a MacBook air without the password?
Can a locked MacBook be unlocked?
After you’ve located your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode you created when you locked it with Find My. If you can’t remember that passcode, you have three options: Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.