Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Also, how can I reset my MacBook completely?
Additionally, how do I clean my Mac and start over?
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Likewise, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2021?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Similarly, how do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
Does factory Reset delete all data?
However, a security firm has determined returning Android devices to factory settings doesn’t actually wipe them clean. … Here are the step you need to take to protect your data.
What does a factory Reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings without CD?
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2014?
Backed up the pc, and shut down MacBook Pro. Boot it back up, then press and hold “Command-R” (the “Command” and “R” keys at the same time) to start the restore process. Held these keys until the Apple logo appears on the screen, and then released them.
How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
How do I reinstall OSX if disk is locked?
- Power it down.
- Hold down Option-Command-R while powering on; you can let go once you see the progress bar.
- When the recovery window opens, go to Disk Utility.
- Choose Erase.
- Exit disk utility, then reinstall High Sierra.
Can’t reinstall macOS because disk is locked?
Boot to the Recovery Volume (command – R on a restart or hold down the option/alt key during a restart and select Recovery Volume). Run Disk Utility Verify/Repair Disk and Repair Permissions until you get no errors. Then re-install the OS.