To hard reset a MacBook Air, restart the MacBook and simultaneously press the Option, Command, P, and R keys. Hold down the keys for about 20 seconds.
You asked, how do I erase my MacBook Air and start over?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Considering this, how do I start my Mac over like new? Open the Apple menu and select Shut Down or hold down the power button and select Shut Down from the pop-up menu. Hold down the power button to turn the Mac on again and hold for several seconds until you see “Loading startup options.” Select Options from the startup screen to enter macOS Recovery.
Also, how do I restore my MacBook to factory?
Subsequently, how do I erase my MacBook air?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
How do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do you reset a MacBook Air 2015?
To hard reset a MacBook Air, restart the MacBook and simultaneously press the Option, Command, P, and R keys. Hold down the keys for about 20 seconds. How do I reset my MacBook Air password? When you want to change your Mac login password, go to the Apple menu and select Restart.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar.
- Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac.
- After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do I restore my MacBook Air to factory settings without CD?
What happens if I delete Macintosh HD data?
Erasing your Mac permanently deletes its files. If you want to restore your Mac to factory settings, such as to prepare it for a new owner, first learn what to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac.
How do you force restart a Mac laptop?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
How do I restart my MacBook air when the screen is black?
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
- You should see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options.
- If you never see the startup options window, release the power button, then press and hold it again for another 10 seconds.
How do I reset a MacBook 12?
Unplug the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter from your computer. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds. Release all keys.