Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Press and release the power button, then immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image. If you still see a blank screen after about 20 seconds, contact Apple Support.
Beside above, how do you restart an unresponsive MacBook Air? How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
People ask also, how do you fix a black screen of death on a MacBook Air?
- Hold down the power button for 6-10 seconds.
- When your Mac powers down, wait ten seconds.
- Press the power button to boot it back up.
Also know, why is my Mac screen black and unresponsive? Why Does My Mac Go Black? Running out of battery is one of the most common reasons why your Mac screen goes blank. Even if your Mac is plugged in, a bad battery or a faulty cable can stop your Mac from charging and thus the Mac showsss black screen and becomes unresponsive.
Additionally, why is my Mac not responding? Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
- If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
- If your Mac now turns on but doesn’t finish starting up, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn’t start up all the way.
Why did my MacBook air screen go black?
It might sound kind of obvious, but power issues are the most common reason your Mac’s screen is blank. Whether it’s a bad battery or a faulty charging cord that lets you fall into the black screen trap, this is always a good place to start looking.
How do I fix black screen of death?
- Click Advanced options then Troubleshoot.
- From here go to Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Select option 4, Enable Safe Mode.
- Wait for Windows Safe Mode to start.
- Once booted, press Windows + X.
- In the Quick Link menu select Device Manager.
How do I fix a black screen on my laptop?
How do I make my Mac screen not go black?
The first way to stop your Mac from going to sleep by itself is obviously to turn off auto display-sleep in the system preferences. To do this open the system preferences, click on the “Energy saver” panel and drag the “Display sleep” slider all the way across to “never” (on the right-hand side).
How do I stop my Mac screen from going black?
Open the Energy Saver pane of System Preferences and change or disable the display sleep timer. Open the Energy Saver pane of System Preferences and change or disable the display sleep timer.
How do I stop my Mac screen from going black 2021?
Step 1: Switch off your mac and plug in the charger. Step 2: Press down the Shift + Control + Option + Power keys at once for 5 seconds. Step 3: Free all the button keys. Step 4: Your Mac should now restart without the dark screen.
How do you unfreeze a Mac?
- Press Command- Esc-Option on your keyboard at the same time, then release them.
- Select the name of the frozen application from the menu’s list and click Force Quit.
- If the Force Quit menu doesn’t appear or the frozen program doesn’t close, you’ll need to restart your computer.
How do I fix a stuck Mac loading screen?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
- If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off.
- If the issue persists, once again press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off.
How do you fix a frozen Mac?
- Press ⌘ Command + Ctrl + ⏏ Eject to force the computer to reboot.
- If the keyboard command doesn’t work, or you don’t have an ⏏ Eject key, press and hold the Power button for about five seconds to force the computer to turn off.
How do I force a MacBook Air to turn on?
Press the Shift+Control+Option keys at the left side of the keyboard and the Power button, and hold them all down. Release all four buttons at the same time, and then press the Power button to turn the Mac on.
Verify both connections are tight. Ensure the power cord isn’t damaged. If nothing happens, try a different wall socket or check the one you’re using with a different device. If the outlet works, check the power cord or adapter.