Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Also know, how do I completely restart my Mac? For Intel-Based Macs For Macs with an Intel processor, hold down the power button, then choose the Restart option from the pop-up menu. Otherwise, open the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and choose Restart. From here, hold down Command + R until the Apple logo appears.
People ask also, how do I restart my MacBook Air when the screen is black?
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
- You should see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options.
- If you never see the startup options window, release the power button, then press and hold it again for another 10 seconds.
You asked, how do I restart my MacBook Air with keyboard? Control–Power button* or Control–Media Eject : Display a dialog asking whether you want to restart, sleep, or shut down. Control–Command–Power button:* Force your Mac to restart, without prompting to save any open and unsaved documents. Control–Command–Media Eject : Quit all apps, then restart your Mac.
Quick Answer, how do you wipe a MacBook air clean? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
- Easiest way: Go to the Apple menu and select Restart.
- From the keyboard: Hold down Control + Command + power button/eject button/Touch ID sensor.
- To force restart a MacBook Pro: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + power/eject button.
How do I force restart my MacBook Air 2020?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Why did my Mac Air screen go black?
If your screen goes black, and then comes back on when you press a key or click the mouse or trackpad button, your Mac or display has gone to sleep. To save energy, your Mac and display go to sleep automatically when they’re not in use. You can set your Mac and display to sleep at different times.
How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
Hold down all of these keys: Command, Option (Alt), P and R, and turn on the Mac (it’s the same keys to reset the PRAM). Keep holding the keys down until you hear the Mac restart again. Listen for a second reboot, and then release the keys.
All it takes to force a restart of a frozen MacBook Pro with Touch Bar is to press down on the Touch ID button until the device reboots.
How do you force start a MacBook?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
- If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
- If your Mac now turns on but doesn’t finish starting up, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn’t start up all the way.
How do I restart my computer using the keyboard?
- On the keyboard, press ALT + F4 until the Shut Down Windows box is displayed.
- In the Shut Down Windows box, press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW keys until Restart is selected.
- Press the ENTER key to restart the computer. Related Articles.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2021?
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
Verify both connections are tight. Ensure the power cord isn’t damaged. If nothing happens, try a different wall socket or check the one you’re using with a different device. If the outlet works, check the power cord or adapter.
Is it better to shutdown or sleep MacBook Air 2020?
When put to sleep your Mac will use a reduced amount of energy and can be ‘woken’ a lot quicker than the time it takes to power up a Mac that’s been turned off. … A good rule of thumb is that if you’re only going to be away from your Mac for an hour or two or even overnight, letting it sleep is probably the best method.
Touch ID (the power button) is located on the right side of the function keys. After you set up Touch ID, you can use your fingerprint to unlock MacBook Air, quickly lock your screen, or make purchases from the App Store, Apple TV app, and Book Store, and on websites using Apple Pay.