To hard reset a MacBook Air, restart the MacBook and simultaneously press the Option, Command, P, and R keys. Hold down the keys for about 20 seconds.
Frequent question, how do I erase my MacBook Air and start over?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Additionally, how do I reset a Mac Air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Moreover, how do I reset all data on my MacBook?
Quick Answer, how do I delete everything and restart my Mac?
How do I restore my MacBook Air to factory settings without CD?
How do you unfreeze a MacBook Air?
How do I restart my MacBook Air? Go to the Apple menu > select Restart or press and hold Control+Command+Power button/Eject button/Touch ID sensor. If that doesn’t work, force restart your MacBook Air by holding down the Power button.
How do you erase a MacBook Air?
Delete an item from your Mac or iCloud Drive On your Mac, drag the item to the Trash in the Dock or select the item, then press Command-Delete. If an item is locked, click Continue to confirm you want to move the locked item to the Trash.
How do I reset the login screen on my MacBook air?
Press and hold the power button until the Mac turns off. Restart the Mac and immediately press and hold the Command and R keys. Release those keys when you see the loading bar. Wait for the macOS Utilities window to pop up.
How do I reset my Apple computer without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
Two Option keys can usually be found on a Mac keyboard. They are positioned to the left and right of the space bar and are marked by the ⌥ symbol. The Option keys on the Mac keyboard are found to the left and right of the space bar. On newer Mac keyboard models, the Option key sometimes bears the label “option”.