Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Frequent question, how do I unfreeze my MacBook air? How do I restart my MacBook Air? Go to the Apple menu > select Restart or press and hold Control+Command+Power button/Eject button/Touch ID sensor. If that doesn’t work, force restart your MacBook Air by holding down the Power button.
Correspondingly, how do you shutdown a hanged MacBook?
You asked, how do I force shutdown my MacBook Air 2020? To force shut down your Mac, press and hold the power button until the screen goes black. This might take 10 seconds or more; just keep holding the button. After your Mac shuts down, wait a few moments to let it cool off, then briefly press the power button again to restart it.
Best answer for this question, what do you do if your Mac is not responding? Reboot your Mac How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off. Then turn your Mac back on. If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. Then unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, and other nonessential devices.
Why did my Macbook Air freeze?
If your Mac is freezing, it could be that there’s an error with either the PRAM or NVRAM. … First, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press Opt+Cmd+P+R. Hold these keys for 20 seconds; your Mac may restart during this time, but keep holding them for the 20-second duration.
How do I restart my macbook air when the screen is black?
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
- You should see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options.
- If you never see the startup options window, release the power button, then press and hold it again for another 10 seconds.
Is it better to shutdown or sleep MacBook Air 2020?
When put to sleep your Mac will use a reduced amount of energy and can be ‘woken’ a lot quicker than the time it takes to power up a Mac that’s been turned off. … A good rule of thumb is that if you’re only going to be away from your Mac for an hour or two or even overnight, letting it sleep is probably the best method.
What do I do if my MacBook Air won’t turn on?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
- If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
- If your Mac now turns on but doesn’t finish starting up, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn’t start up all the way.
If you don’t have a power button, then you’ll need to hold Control and Command plus the Eject button or the Touch ID button instead. Keep the button held down for around 10 seconds, after which your Mac’s screen should go black. Wait about 30 seconds before starting your machine up again.
How do you unfreeze a Macbook Air 2021?
Why are my Mac apps not responding?
If the app is frozen and unresponsive, choose Apple menu > Force Quit, select the app in the dialog that appears, then click Force Quit. … If the app quit, reopen it by clicking Reopen in the dialog that appears. Restart your Mac by choosing Apple menu > Restart.
How do I unfreeze my macbook air without losing work?
- Press the combination Cmd+Option+Esc, and a window will pop-up.
- After pressing the above keyboard combination, the Force Quit Applications should appear, select Microsoft Word and then click on the “Force Quit” button. The Mac will also display a list of programs.
How do I fix my Mac if it wont start up?
- Shut down the MacBook.
- Unplug and then reconnect the power cable.
- Press Shift + Ctrl + Option/Alt keys and the power button at the same time.
- Now release all those keys and the power button at the same time.
- You may see the light on the power cable flicker.
- Restart your MacBook.
How do you fix a Mac that won’t boot or gets stuck on the loading bar?
Power your Mac back up. Immediately press and hold these four keys: Option + Command + P + R. Make sure to hold the keys for at least 20 seconds. On some Macs, you may hear a startup sound play twice or the Apple logo appear and reappear twice.
Why will my Mac not restart?
You typically won’t have to reboot. Restart. If Force Quit doesn’t bail you out, try rebooting the computer. If a frozen Mac prevents you from clicking the Restart command on the Apple menu, hold down the power button for several seconds or press the Control+Command keys and then press the power button.