How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Also, how do you reset your MacBook laptop?
Best answer for this question, how do you unfreeze a MacBook Air laptop? How do I restart my MacBook Air? Go to the Apple menu > select Restart or press and hold Control+Command+Power button/Eject button/Touch ID sensor. If that doesn’t work, force restart your MacBook Air by holding down the Power button.
Also the question is, how do you do a soft reset on a MacBook Air? After your Mac shuts down, press and hold the right Shift key, the left Option key, and the left Control key for 7 seconds. Then keep holding those keys while you press and hold the power button for another 7 seconds.
Also know, how do you reboot a MacBook Air m1?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
Touch ID (the power button) is located on the right side of the function keys. After you set up Touch ID, you can use your fingerprint to unlock MacBook Air, quickly lock your screen, or make purchases from the App Store, Apple TV app, and Book Store, and on websites using Apple Pay.
How do I turn off my Macbook Air 2020?
Press the Power button and “Shift-Control-Option” on the left side of the Macbook Air’s built-in keyboard all at the same time. Wait a second and then release the keys and the power button at the same time. Press the Power button to turn the MacBook Air back on. This resets the SMC.
What do I do if my MacBook Air won’t turn on?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
- If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
- If your Mac now turns on but doesn’t finish starting up, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn’t start up all the way.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
How do I force restart my MacBook Air 2021?
Restart a MacBook Air from the keyboard: Hold Control + Command + power button/eject button/Touch ID sensor. Force restart a MacBook Air: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + the power/eject/Touch ID button.
How do I force start a Mac M1?
Whether the screen is frozen or just turned on, just press and hold the Touch ID button located to the right of the Touch Bar until the screen turns black. This button is also your Mac’s power button. Wait a few seconds and press and hold the power button again until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
How do I erase my MacBook air?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I wipe and reset my MacBook air?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.