First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
As many you asked, how do I reset my MacBook Air without logging in?
- Restart holding down Cmd-Opt-R.
- When it boots, select Disk Utility.
- From the View popup menu, choose Show all Devices.
- Select the startup drive device (should be top, left-most with a make/model number for name)
- Erase it using Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
- Quit Disk Utility.
- Reinstall Mac OS.
You asked, how do I force my MacBook Air to restart? Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Correspondingly, how do I start my Mac without login?
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences.”
- Select “Security and Privacy.”
- Untick the box labeled “Requires Password.”
- Enter your Mac’s password in the pop-up window.
- Confirm your choice by clicking “Turn off screen lock.”
Best answer for this question, how do you restart a Mac when you don’t know the password? With your Mac now in Recovery Mode, click on Utilities in the menu bar followed by Terminal. A new window will show up, waiting for you to enter a command. Type “resetpassword” as one word, without the quotes, and press Return. Close the Terminal window, where you will then find the Reset Password tool.
How do you reset a locked MacBook Pro?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.” Enter the recovery key, then click Next.
How do you hard reset a MacBook?
How do you unfreeze a MacBook Air?
How do I restart my MacBook Air? Go to the Apple menu > select Restart or press and hold Control+Command+Power button/Eject button/Touch ID sensor. If that doesn’t work, force restart your MacBook Air by holding down the Power button.
How do I restart my MacBook air black screen?
Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. Press and release the power button, then immediately press and hold Command (⌘)-R until you see an Apple logo or other image. If you still see a blank screen after about 20 seconds, contact Apple Support.
How do I reset my Mac computer?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Why is my Mac stuck on the login screen?
Even though the specific reasons can vary a lot, the most common reason for Mac getting stuck on the login screen is a corrupted file or a bad settings configuration. How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password
How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
How do you unlock the screen on a MacBook Air?
Press Control+Shift+Eject on iMacs or Control+Shift+Power on MacBooks to lock/unlock a Mac. This generally gets a Mac working again when it gets stuck on screen saver. Owner: Ryan L.
How do you unlock a MacBook Air without password 2021?
In the recovery mode, go to Utilities>Terminal in the menu bar. In the next window, type in the command “resetpassword’”and press enter. Close the Terminal window and in the Reset Password Tool, follow the on-screen guide to bypass Mac password.