- Restart holding down Cmd-Opt-R.
- When it boots, select Disk Utility.
- From the View popup menu, choose Show all Devices.
- Select the startup drive device (should be top, left-most with a make/model number for name)
- Erase it using Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
- Quit Disk Utility.
- Reinstall Mac OS.
Additionally, how do I reset my MacBook air without password?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
People ask also, can you reset a MacBook without the password? Boot into Recovery Mode by holding Cmd + R when you’re powering on the machine. At the menu that you will see, go to Disk Utility, select the lowest hard drive partition you can see, then click Erase.
Also, what do I do if I forgot the password to my MacBook air?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart.
- Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”
Considering this, how do you master reset a MacBook Air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu. When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
How do you bypass a Mac password?
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password
What happens if you forget your Mac password?
If you’ve forgotten your password, just try entering the wrong password three times at the sign-in screen. After three wrong answers, you’ll see a “If you forgot your password, you can reset it using your Apple ID” message. Click the button and enter your Apple ID details to reset your password.
Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My. If you can’t remember that passcode, you have three options: Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
How do I take the password off my macbook air?
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences.”
- Select “Security and Privacy.”
- Untick the box labeled “Requires Password.”
- Enter your Mac’s password in the pop-up window.
- Confirm your choice by clicking “Turn off screen lock.”
How do you unlock a Macbook Air without password 2021?
In the recovery mode, go to Utilities>Terminal in the menu bar. In the next window, type in the command “resetpassword’”and press enter. Close the Terminal window and in the Reset Password Tool, follow the on-screen guide to bypass Mac password.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Air 2021?
How do you erase a MacBook Air?
Delete an item from your Mac or iCloud Drive On your Mac, drag the item to the Trash in the Dock or select the item, then press Command-Delete. If an item is locked, click Continue to confirm you want to move the locked item to the Trash.
How do you fix a stuck MacBook Air on a loading screen?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off.
- If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off.
- If the issue persists, once again press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off.
Can a stolen MacBook be traced?
Find My Mac is the only Apple service that can help track or locate a lost Mac. … Report your lost or stolen Mac to local law enforcement. They may request the serial number of your computer. You can find this information on the original box or receipt you received when you purchased your Mac.