- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Frequent question, how do I delete everything and reset my MacBook pro?
Also the question is, how do I restore my MacBook to factory?
As many you asked, how do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook‘s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
Furthermore, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2015?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I reset my MacBook pro without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I manually restart my MacBook pro?
- Easiest way: Go to the Apple menu and select Restart.
- From the keyboard: Hold down Control + Command + power button/eject button/Touch ID sensor.
- To force restart a MacBook Pro: Hold down the power button or Control + Option + Command + power/eject button.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
How do I restart my MacBook Pro when the screen is black?
Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. You should see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options. Select Options, then click Continue. If you never see the startup options window, release the power button, then press and hold it again for another 10 seconds.
How do you delete everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How long does it take to factory reset MacBook pro?
I’d estimate anywhere from 1 to 5 hours would be the norm but it’s possible for it to take up to 12 hours. Make sure you erase everything securely before selling it so the buyer can’t recover your saved passwords.
Does factory reset remove all data?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
What are the disadvantages of factory reset?
But if we reset our device because we noticed that its snappiness has slowed down, the biggest drawback is the loss of data, so it is essential to backup all your data, contacts, photos, videos, files, music, before resetting.
How do I clear my old phone before I sell it?
- Go to Settings.
- Select System > Advanced > Reset options.
- You will be presented with three choices.
- You’ll get a warning screen reminding you that your data will be erased, along with all the accounts you’re currently signed into.
- If you have a PIN or some other security setup, you’ll be asked to enter it.
How do I restore my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
- Click Disk Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your hard drive and click Erase.
- In the Format field, choose the APFS option on macOS High Sierra or later. On macOS Sierra or earlier, choose the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option.
- Click Erase.