Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Similarly, how do I start my Mac over like new?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
As many you asked, how do I erase my MacBook Air and start over?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Likewise, how do I return my Mac to factory settings? The best way to restore your Mac to its factory settings is to erase your hard drive and reinstall macOS. After macOS installation has been completed, the Mac will restart and display a setup assistant asking you to choose a country or region. To leave the Mac in an out-of-box state, don’t continue the setup process.
You asked, how do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do I restore my MacBook Air to factory settings without CD?
How do you restart a MacBook?
- Press the power button (or press Control+Eject) and, when a dialog box appears, click the Restart button.
- Choose the Apple key and then click Restart.
- Press Control+Command+Eject (or Control+Command+Power button).
How do I reset my Mac without losing data?
Step 1: Hold the Command + R keys until the MacBook’s utility window hasn’t opened. Step 2: Select Disk Utility and click on Continue. Step 4: Select the format as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and click on Erase. Step 5: Wait till the MacBook is completely reset and then go back to the Disk Utility’s main window.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
- Click Disk Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your hard drive and click Erase.
- In the Format field, choose the APFS option on macOS High Sierra or later. On macOS Sierra or earlier, choose the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) option.
- Click Erase.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
How do I restart my macbook air when the screen is black?
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.
- You should see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options.
- If you never see the startup options window, release the power button, then press and hold it again for another 10 seconds.
How do I boot my Mac into recovery mode?
- Click on Apple logo at the top left of the screen.
- Select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command and R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
- Eventually your Mac will show the Recovery Mode Utilities window with the following options:
How do I clean up my MacBook air?
When cleaning the outside of your MacBook, MacBook Pro, or MacBook Air, first shut down your computer and unplug the power adapter. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer’s exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Don’t spray liquid directly on the computer.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.