Click on “Safari” located in the menu bar in the top left hand corner of the screen. Click on “Reset Safari…” Place a checkmark beside all available options. Press the “Reset” button.
You asked, how do I reset Safari on Mac?
- Launch Safari.
- In the top toolbar, select “Safari” and then “Clear History.” You can clear your history right from the top toolbar. Devon Delfino/Business Insider.
- Select “All History” in the dropdown and then click “Clear History.”
People ask also, how do I fix Safari on my macbook air?
- Close all extra tabs.
- Clear caches, cookies, and website data.
- Disable search suggestions.
- Check all extensions.
- Test other Safari plugins and add-ons.
- Disable DNS prefetching.
- Update to the latest version of Safari.
- Inspect your network.
Likewise, how do I force Safari to restart?
- Press the “Command-Option-Esc” keys to launch the “Force Quit Applications” window.
- Alternatively, click the Apple logo in the menu bar and select “Force Quit” to launch the “Force Quit Applications” window.
- Click “Safari” and then click the “Force Quit” button.
Correspondingly, how do I restart my browser on my macbook air?
- Open “Safari“
- Click on “Safari” in the upper left corner.
- Select “Clear History”
- Make sure that “Clear” is set to “All history”
- Click “Clear history”
- Restart browser and try to log on again.
Make sure you’re using the latest versions of Safari and macOS. To check for a Safari or a macOS update, choose Apple menu > App Store, then click Updates. See Keep your Mac up to date. … If the other suggestions don’t help, try reinstalling macOS.
How do I fix Safari not responding on my Mac?
Hit Command+Option+Escape to bring up the Force Quit menu. Select “Safari” and then choose “Force Quit” Wait a minute or so as Safari is forced to exit and the system recovers, then relaunch Safari and go back to browsing as usual.
How do I clear my cache on my MacBook air?
- Press shift-command-G with your Finder window open.
- Enter the following command into the search box: ~/Library/Caches.
- Click “Go.” This will bring you to the folder that contains all of your Mac’s cached files.
- Press command-A to select all folders.
- Click command-delete.
Why do I get Safari can’t open the page?
If the page still won’t open, quit Safari, reopen it, then try again. Try again at a different time. The website server may be busy, or the website may be unavailable temporarily. … If your computer or network is protected by a firewall, you may need to specify proxy servers to access some internet sites.
Why is Google not working on Safari?
Delete the history and cookies from Safari in Settings Clear the history, cache and cookies to see if this fixes your problem. Here is how: On your device, tap Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Then go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
How do I fix Safari not responding?
Reload the page. If a page doesn’t open or finish loading, try to reload it: Choose View > Reload Page or press Command-R. If that doesn’t work, press Command-Q to quit Safari, then reopen Safari and try again. If Safari doesn’t quit, press Option-Command-Esc to force Safari to quit.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Safari on my macbook air?
- Power off the router. Unplug it from the wall.
- Delete Caches.db. Close all windows and quit all applications.
- Empty Caches. Safari > Preference > Advanced.
- Delete Cookies.
- Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
- Delete safari .
- Run EtreCheck and post the report here please.
How do I force restart my Macbook Air 2020?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
How do I manually restart my browser?
Hold down the Ctrl key and press the F5 key, or hold the Ctrl key and click the Refresh button.
How do I restart Chrome on Mac?
If you don’t need open tabs to re-open, you can restart Chrome on a Mac by simply shutting the application down and re-opening it. This can be done in several ways. In the menu at the top of your screen, click Chrome button and click Quit Google Chrome from the dropdown menu, or enter the keyboard shortcut Command + Q.
What does restart my browser mean?
Description: “Restart Browser” allows you to reset the browser status to where you prefer with just one button.
How do I fix some websites not loading?
- See if the Problem Is on Your End or Theirs.
- Browse a Cached Version of the Page.
- Disable Add-Ons and Other Interfering Software.
- Check Another Browser or Incognito Window.
- Fix Your DNS.