To hard reset a MacBook Air, restart the MacBook and simultaneously press the Option, Command, P, and R keys. Hold down the keys for about 20 seconds.
Quick Answer, how do I completely reset my MacBook Air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Also, how do I restart my whole MacBook?
Also the question is, how do I erase my MacBook Air and start over?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Considering this, how do you unlock a stolen MacBook Air? First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu. When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I do a hard reset on a MacBook Pro?
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I shutdown my MacBook air?
- Choose the Apple key→Shut Down. A dialog box appears, asking whether you’re sure you want to shut down.
- Press Control+Eject (or press the power button). When a dialog box appears, click the Shut Down button.
- Press and hold the power button to force your Mac to shut down.
How do you reset a MacBook Air 2015?
To hard reset a MacBook Air, restart the MacBook and simultaneously press the Option, Command, P, and R keys. Hold down the keys for about 20 seconds. How do I reset my MacBook Air password? When you want to change your Mac login password, go to the Apple menu and select Restart.
How do I restore my Macbook Air to factory settings without CD?
How do I restore my Macbook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I turn off activation lock on Macbook Air?
How to disable Activation Lock. To disable Activation Lock, turn off Find My: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Select iCloud in the sidebar, then deselect Find My Mac on the right.
Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My. If you can’t remember that passcode, you have three options: Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
How do you unlock a macbook air without the password?
Two Option keys can usually be found on a Mac keyboard. They are positioned to the left and right of the space bar and are marked by the ⌥ symbol. The Option keys on the Mac keyboard are found to the left and right of the space bar. On newer Mac keyboard models, the Option key sometimes bears the label “option”.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.