Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Correspondingly, how do you reset a MacBook 2015? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
You asked, how do I completely reset my MacBook Air? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Moreover, how do I wipe and reset my MacBook Air 2015? To do this, press and hold Command+R when restarting your MacBook Air or switching it on, holding both keys until you see the Apple logo. After the Apple logo appears and it’s finished starting up, you are shown the Utilities window. It’s here that you can erase your hard disk and perform the reset.
You asked, where is the restart button on MacBook Air? This option works on every MacBook Air model, on all versions of the macOS. Click the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen, then click Restart. To ensure that all apps and documents re-open after the restart, check the box next to Reopen windows when logging back in.
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I reset my IMAC late 2015?
- Restart the Mac in Recovery Mode (hold down Command and the R key during restart).
- Use Disk Utility to erase the hard drive. Click on Disk Utility > Continue. Select the main volume and click Unmount then Erase).
- Click Reinstall OS X and Continue. Follow the instructions to reinstall Mac OS X.
How do you hard reset a MacBook?
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do you restart a MacBook?
- Press the power button (or press Control+Eject) and, when a dialog box appears, click the Restart button.
- Choose the Apple key and then click Restart.
- Press Control+Command+Eject (or Control+Command+Power button).
How do I reset a MacBook 12?
Unplug the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter from your computer. Using the built-in keyboard, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds. Release all keys.
How do I reset a MacBook air without a password 2015?
- Restart holding down Cmd-Opt-R.
- When it boots, select Disk Utility.
- From the View popup menu, choose Show all Devices.
- Select the startup drive device (should be top, left-most with a make/model number for name)
- Erase it using Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
- Quit Disk Utility.
- Reinstall Mac OS.
How do I reset my Mac without a password?
Turn off your computer and hold the power button + Command R. Wait for the loading bar to appear on the screen while your Mac boots to Recovery. Next, choose Disk Utility > Continue > Utilities Terminal. Type “resetpassword” (in one word) and click Return.
Is it better to shutdown or sleep MacBook Air 2020?
When put to sleep your Mac will use a reduced amount of energy and can be ‘woken’ a lot quicker than the time it takes to power up a Mac that’s been turned off. … A good rule of thumb is that if you’re only going to be away from your Mac for an hour or two or even overnight, letting it sleep is probably the best method.
How do you restart a frozen MacBook Air?
Restart. If Force Quit doesn’t bail you out, try rebooting the computer. If a frozen Mac prevents you from clicking the Restart command on the Apple menu, hold down the power button for several seconds or press the Control+Command keys and then press the power button.
How do I restart my MacBook air with keyboard?
Control–Command–Power button:* Force your Mac to restart, without prompting to save any open and unsaved documents. Control–Command–Media Eject : Quit all apps, then restart your Mac.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.