How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. 1. Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. Let go when the Apple logo pops up.
Amazingly, how do I completely reset my MacBook Air? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Additionally, how do you reset your entire MacBook?
Frequent question, how do you clear everything off a Mac?
Also know, how do you unlock a stolen MacBook Air? First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu. When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
- To force a restart your MacBook, you need to press and hold down the Command (⌘) button, the Control (Ctrl) key, and the power button at the same time.
- Hold these keys down until your MacBook’s screen goes blank and the computer restarts itself.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2020?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I shutdown my MacBook air?
- Choose the Apple key→Shut Down. A dialog box appears, asking whether you’re sure you want to shut down.
- Press Control+Eject (or press the power button). When a dialog box appears, click the Shut Down button.
- Press and hold the power button to force your Mac to shut down.
How do I permanently erase my Mac hard drive?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
Where is delete key on MacBook?
How do I turn off activation lock on MacBook Air?
How to disable Activation Lock. To disable Activation Lock, turn off Find My: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Select iCloud in the sidebar, then deselect Find My Mac on the right.
Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My. If you can’t remember that passcode, you have three options: Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
How do I know if my Mac is iCloud locked?
- Choose the iPhone from the list of devices.
- Click on any category to begin the request.
- Then, click on “Send in for Repair”.
- Enter the device’s serial number or IMEI number to check the iCloud Lock Activation status.
How do you force restart a Mac laptop?
How to Force Restart Your Mac. Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.
Why is my Mac not responding?
Reboot your Mac If you can’t Force Quit an unresponsive application, then it’s time for a reboot. … How to reboot a Mac that is not responding: Hold down the power button for several seconds. If that doesn’t work, Press the Control-Command keys down, then press the Power button.
All it takes to force a restart of a frozen MacBook Pro with Touch Bar is to press down on the Touch ID button until the device reboots.
How do I restart my MacBook Pro when the screen is black?
Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. You should see the startup options window, which includes a gear icon labeled Options. Select Options, then click Continue. If you never see the startup options window, release the power button, then press and hold it again for another 10 seconds.