To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
You asked, how do I reset my old Mac 2009?
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
Also know, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2009 to factory settings without CD?
As many you asked, how do I restore my MacBook pro to original factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Likewise, how do I wipe my 2009 Macbook Pro?
- Start the installation process by booting with the C key down.
- Slect the language and continue to the next screen.
- You will see a Menu bar on the top of the screen.
- When DU is running, select the hard drive on the left and click Erase.
- After the Erase is done, quit DU.
- Continue with the OS installation.
First you’ll need to turn off your iMac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterward you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
- 1 How do I do a factory reset?
- 2 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 3 How do you delete everything off your MacBook Pro?
- 4 How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
- 5 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2015?
- 6 Is my 2009 iMac obsolete?
- 7 How do I factory reset my Mac without password?
- 8 How do I reset my Mac password without a recovery key?
- 9 How do you bypass a Mac password?
- 10 What does a factory Reset erase?
- 11 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do you delete everything off your MacBook Pro?
How do I reset my Mac desktop to factory settings?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2015?
Is my 2009 iMac obsolete?
Apple considers 2009 iMacs as “Obsolete” and so should you. Many newer applications won’t even load or run on an 11 year old computer. This would include modern web browsers and that would make your computer and personal data at risk.
How do I factory reset my Mac without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I reset my Mac password without a recovery key?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart.
- Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”
- Enter an Apple ID and password, then click Next.
How do you bypass a Mac password?
What does a factory Reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.