Restart with the disk in the drive and the C or Option key held down. First, shut down your Mac. Then, turn it on again. As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key.
Additionally, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 without CD?
- Restart your computer and hold down “Command-R” as your Mac boots up.
- Click on “Disk Utility” and select your computer’s hard drive from the sidebar.
- Select the “Erase” tab and click on Erase” to remove all of your personal data from the computer.
Amazingly, how do I reset my MacBook Pro mid 2010?
Moreover, how do I restore my MacBook Pro to factory? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Likewise, how do I restore my MacBook Pro without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
Press Shift-Control-Alt (Options), and, while holding them down, press the power button. Hold all those buttons down for ten seconds, then release them. Press the power button to start up the Mac.
- 1 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 without password?
- 2 How do I do a factory reset?
- 3 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 4 How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID?
- 5 How do I reinstall my Mac without WIFI?
- 6 How do I turn on my MacBook Pro 2010 without power button?
- 7 How do I fix my MacBook Pro it wont turn on?
- 8 What do you do if your MacBook Pro doesn’t turn on?
- 9 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 password?
- 10 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2012 to factory settings?
- 11 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2021?
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID?
How do I reinstall my Mac without WIFI?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I fix my MacBook Pro it wont turn on?
What do you do if your MacBook Pro doesn’t turn on?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
- If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
- If your Mac now turns on but doesn’t finish starting up, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn’t start up all the way.
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 password?
Boot into the Mac OS X boot loader menu by holding down the OPTION key at system start. Choose the Recovery drive to boot into recovery mode and wait until the “Utilities” screen appears. Pull down the “Utilities” menu and choose “Terminal” At the command line, type “resetpassword” without the quotes.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2012 to factory settings?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2021?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.