To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
Subsequently, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2009 to factory settings without CD?
Amazingly, how do I boot a Mac into recovery mode 2009?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
Also know, how do I restore my MacBook Pro to factory? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Also the question is, how do I refurbish an old MacBook pro?
- Back up the data on your MacBook.
- Take an inventory of malfunctioning and missing parts and order replacements.
- Replace malfunctioning and missing parts with the new parts.
- Restore the operating system using your OS X Install discs.
- Wipe down the case, keyboard and screen.
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
- 1 How do I boot my MacBook Pro from USB 2009?
- 2 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 3 How do I start my MacBook Pro in Safe Mode 2009?
- 4 How do I do a factory reset?
- 5 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 6 How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID?
- 7 What can I do with my old MacBook Pro 2009?
- 8 Are old MacBooks worth anything?
- 9 What can I do with an old MacBook Pro?
- 10 How do I reset my 2009 iMac without the password?
- 11 How do I completely wipe my iMac?
How do I boot my MacBook Pro from USB 2009?
- Insert the USB boot media into an open USB slot.
- Press the Power button to turn on your Mac (or Restart your Mac if it’s already on).
- When you hear the startup chime, press and hold the Option key.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I start my MacBook Pro in Safe Mode 2009?
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Shut Down. After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds.
- Restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key.
- Release the Shift key when you see the login window.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID?
What can I do with my old MacBook Pro 2009?
- Install Linux on your old Mac.
- Make your old Apple laptop a Chromebook.
- Make a network-attached system out of your old Mac.
- Create an emergency Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Sell or recycle your old Mac.
Are old MacBooks worth anything?
As of this writing (2011), on average I’d say most old Macs are worth about $100. Many less than that. An original 128k Mac, truly rare items and prototypes can command hundreds to thousands of dollars. For most systems, sentimental values tend to be higher than resale prices.
What can I do with an old MacBook Pro?
- Make an (emergency) Wi-Fi Hotspot. If there is a dead zone in your house with no signal or somewhere the signal is very weak, your old Mac could in handy.
- Install Linux on There.
- Make Your Old Mac into a Network-Attached System.
- Turn it Into a Chromebook.
- Trade It In.
- Recycle or Sell It.
How do I reset my 2009 iMac without the password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I completely wipe my iMac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.