Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase. Once it’s done, click on the Disk Utility menu and click quit. You won’t need a DVD to reinstall it, because the “Welcome to Mac” window will be there.
Considering this, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 without CD?
- Restart your computer and hold down “Command-R” as your Mac boots up.
- Click on “Disk Utility” and select your computer’s hard drive from the sidebar.
- Select the “Erase” tab and click on Erase” to remove all of your personal data from the computer.
Furthermore, how do I reset my MacBook Pro mid 2010?
Also know, how do I restore my MacBook Pro to factory? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Subsequently, how do I restore my MacBook Pro without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
Press Shift-Control-Alt (Options), and, while holding them down, press the power button. Hold all those buttons down for ten seconds, then release them. Press the power button to start up the Mac.
- 1 How do I start my MacBook Pro 2010 in recovery mode?
- 2 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2012?
- 3 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 without password?
- 4 How do I do a factory reset?
- 5 How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID?
- 6 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 7 How do I turn on my MacBook Pro 2010 without power button?
- 8 How do you turn on a dead MacBook Pro?
- 9 How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
- 10 What is recovery mode on MacBook Pro?
- 11 How do I enter recovery mode?
How do I start my MacBook Pro 2010 in recovery mode?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2012?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 without password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without Apple ID?
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do you turn on a dead MacBook Pro?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
- If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
- If your Mac now turns on but doesn’t finish starting up, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn’t start up all the way.
How do I fix a Mac startup problem?
- Restart your Mac in safe mode.
- Check your login items to see if any of them are incompatible.
- Use the Disk Utility app on your Mac to repair your startup disk.
- Back up your disk, then reinstall macOS.
- Use macOS Recovery, part of the built-in recovery system of your Mac.
What is recovery mode on MacBook Pro?
macOS Recovery is the built-in recovery system of your Mac. You can use the apps in macOS Recovery on an Intel-based Mac to repair your internal disk, reinstall macOS, restore your files from a Time Machine backup, set security options, and more.
How do I enter recovery mode?
Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until the device turns on. You can use Volume Down to highlight Recovery Mode and the Power button to select it. Depending on your model, you may then have to enter your password and choose a language to enter recovery mode.