Frequent question, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
People ask also, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
You asked, how do I restore my MacBook Pro to factory? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Beside above, how do I erase my MacBook Pro 2011 to sell?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
- 1 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 without password?
- 2 How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
- 3 How do I do a factory reset?
- 4 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 5 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 6 How do I reinstall my MacBook Pro High Sierra?
- 7 How do I reset my MacBook Pro High Sierra?
- 8 How do you reset a Mac High Sierra?
- 9 How do I restore MacBook to factory settings?
- 10 How do you factory reset MacBook Pro if you forgot the password?
- 11 Can you factory reset MacBook Pro without password?
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 without password?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I reinstall my MacBook Pro High Sierra?
- Back up the Mac before beginning.
- Reboot the Mac and hold down COMMAND + R keys concurrently right after you hear the boot sound, this will boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.
- At the “macOS Utilities” screen choose “Reinstall macOS”
How do I reset my MacBook Pro High Sierra?
To restart the High Sierra installation Hold down Option-Command-R as you turn on or restart your Mac.
How do you reset a Mac High Sierra?
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
How do I restore MacBook to factory settings?
How do you factory reset MacBook Pro if you forgot the password?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.” Enter the recovery key, then click Next.
Can you factory reset MacBook Pro without password?
Wipe the contents of your Mac. … First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.