You need to put your MacBook ($499 at Amazon) into Recovery Mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter Recovery Mode on an Intel-based Mac, restart it and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys once you see the Apple logo.
You asked, how do I restore MacBook pro to factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Quick Answer, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012 without a disk?
Correspondingly, how do you soft reset a 2012 MacBook Pro? Press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the built-in keyboard, then press the power button at the same time. Hold these keys and the power button for 10 seconds. If you have a MacBook Pro with Touch ID, the Touch ID button is also the power button. Release all keys.
Likewise, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2012 without losing data? Step 1: Hold the Command + R keys until the MacBook‘s utility window hasn’t opened. Step 2: Select Disk Utility and click on Continue. Step 4: Select the format as MAC OS Extended (Journaled) and click on Erase. Step 5: Wait till the MacBook is completely reset and then go back to the Disk Utility’s main window.Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
- 1 How do I do a factory reset?
- 2 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 without CD?
- 3 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 4 How do I know if SMC reset worked?
- 5 How do I restore my 2012 MacBook Air to factory settings?
- 6 How do I reset my 2012 MacBook Pro without a password?
- 7 Will I lose everything if I reinstall macOS?
- 8 Does resetting Mac delete everything?
- 9 How can I repair my Mac without losing data?
- 10 How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- 11 How do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 without CD?
- Restart your computer and hold down “Command-R” as your Mac boots up.
- Click on “Disk Utility” and select your computer’s hard drive from the sidebar.
- Select the “Erase” tab and click on Erase” to remove all of your personal data from the computer.
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010?
- Start Computer up, holding OPTION key.
- You should now see two hard drive icons, select the one labelled “Recovery”
- Select your language.
- Click on Disc Utility.
- Click on Macintosh HD.
- Select the “Erase” tab.
- Erase the Disc.
- Now go back to OSX Utilities – Select “Reinstall OSX”
How do I know if SMC reset worked?
How do I restore my 2012 MacBook Air to factory settings?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I reset my 2012 MacBook Pro without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
Will I lose everything if I reinstall macOS?
2 Answers. Reinstalling macOS from the recovery menu does not erase your data. However, if there is a corruption issue, your data may be corrupted as well, its really hard to tell. … Reinatalling the os alone does not erase data.
Does resetting Mac delete everything?
Resetting a Mac to factory settings gets rid of all the data stored on that machine, so we recommend that you make a backup of the data first. This can be done very simply using Apple’s Time Machine software – here’s how to back up using Time Machine.
How can I repair my Mac without losing data?
- Start up your Mac from macOS Recovery.
- Select “Reinstall macOS” from the Utilities Window and click “Continue”.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to select the hard drive you want to install the OS on and start the installation.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.