As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
Quick Answer, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010 without the disk?
Moreover, how do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2010 Clean?
- In the menu bar, choose Apple menu > Restart.
- Select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- Select your startup disk on the left, then click the Erase tab.
- Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, then click Erase.
- After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
Additionally, how do I completely reset my MacBook pro to factory settings? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Also know, how do I reinstall MacBook Pro 2010? First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
- 1 How do I completely wipe my Mac?
- 2 How do you turn on a 2010 MacBook Pro?
- 3 How do I do a factory reset?
- 4 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
- 5 How do I factory reset my 2009 iMac?
- 6 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 7 How do I reinstall my Mac without WIFI?
- 8 How long does MacBook Pro Internet recovery take?
- 9 How do I remove password from MacBook Pro 2010?
- 10 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 password?
- 11 How do you factory reset MacBook Pro if you forgot the password?
How do I completely wipe my Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do you turn on a 2010 MacBook Pro?
Press Shift-Control-Alt (Options), and, while holding them down, press the power button. Hold all those buttons down for ten seconds, then release them. Press the power button to start up the Mac.
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I factory reset my 2009 iMac?
- Shutdown iMac.
- Unplug power cord from back of iMac.
- Press and hold power button for 20 seconds.
- Restore power cord; power on iMac.
- Immediately on hearing Startup Chime, press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys (⌘⌥ P R)
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do I reinstall my Mac without WIFI?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How long does MacBook Pro Internet recovery take?
5) After your Mac has connected to the Wi-Fi network, it’ll download a recovery system image from Apple’s servers and start from it, giving you access to the recovery tools. Depending on your Internet connection, this may take anywhere from a couple of minutes to up to an hour, or longer.
How do I remove password from MacBook Pro 2010?
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences.”
- Select “Security and Privacy.”
- Untick the box labeled “Requires Password.”
- Enter your Mac’s password in the pop-up window.
- Confirm your choice by clicking “Turn off screen lock.”
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2010 password?
Boot into the Mac OS X boot loader menu by holding down the OPTION key at system start. Choose the Recovery drive to boot into recovery mode and wait until the “Utilities” screen appears. Pull down the “Utilities” menu and choose “Terminal” At the command line, type “resetpassword” without the quotes.
How do you factory reset MacBook Pro if you forgot the password?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.” Enter the recovery key, then click Next.