You need to put your MacBook ($498 at Amazon) into Recovery Mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter Recovery Mode on an Intel-based Mac, restart it and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys once you see the Apple logo.
Subsequently, how do you restore a MacBook pro to factory settings?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Furthermore, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
Best answer for this question, how do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
Likewise, how do I restore my MacBook Air 2011 to factory settings?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
- 1 How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra?
- 2 How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 3 How do I wipe my Mac clean and start over?
- 4 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 5 Does factory Reset remove all data?
- 6 How do you turn on a MacBook Pro 2011?
- 7 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 8 How do you factory reset MacBook Pro if you forgot the password?
- 9 Can a MacBook be tracked after factory reset?
- 10 Can you factory reset MacBook Pro without password?
- 11 How do you reset a Mac High Sierra?
How do I reset my MacBook Pro 2011 High Sierra?
Hold down Command-R as you turn on or restart your Mac. Release the keys when the Apple logo appears. This will boot Recovery Mode locally. When the main Utilities window appears, select Restore from Time Machine.
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2010?
- In the menu bar, choose Apple menu > Restart.
- Select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- Select your startup disk on the left, then click the Erase tab.
- Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, then click Erase.
- After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
How do I wipe my Mac clean and start over?
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
Does factory Reset remove all data?
A factory data reset erases your data from the phone. While data stored in your Google Account can be restored, all apps and their data will be uninstalled. To be ready to restore your data, make sure that it’s in your Google Account.
How do you turn on a MacBook Pro 2011?
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
How do you factory reset MacBook Pro if you forgot the password?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.” Enter the recovery key, then click Next.
Can a MacBook be tracked after factory reset?
When you erase your Mac, all of your information will be deleted from the device and you won’t be able to find it using Find My. Remove your lost or stolen Mac from your list of trusted devices.
Can you factory reset MacBook Pro without password?
Wipe the contents of your Mac. … First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
How do you reset a Mac High Sierra?
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.