For a MacBook Pro 2011 this would either be macOS 10.6 or 10.7. To boot into internet recovery mode, power on the machine while holding Option + Command + R. Note that you will be prompted to connect to an internet connection before you are able to enter internet recovery mode.
Similarly, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
Correspondingly, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
Likewise, how do you restore a MacBook pro to factory settings?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
Also know, how do you turn on a MacBook Pro 2011?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
- 1 How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
- 2 How do I do a factory reset?
- 3 How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- 4 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 5 Why is my 2011 MacBook Pro not turning on?
- 6 How do I fix my Mac that won’t boot up?
- 7 How do you turn on a dead MacBook Pro?
- 8 How do you factory reset MacBook Pro if you forgot the password?
- 9 How do I remove old Apple ID from MacBook?
- 10 Can a MacBook be tracked after factory reset?
- 11 How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
How do I do a factory reset?
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
How do you clear everything off a Mac?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
Why is my 2011 MacBook Pro not turning on?
Press the Shift+Control+Option keys at the left side of the keyboard and the Power button, and hold them all down. Release all four buttons at the same time, and then press the Power button to turn the Mac on. … Plug it back in, wait five more seconds, and then press the Power button to turn the Mac back on.
How do I fix my Mac that won’t boot up?
Press and hold the power button on your Mac for up to 10 seconds, until your Mac turns off. Then turn your Mac back on. If the issue persists, press and hold the power button until your Mac turns off. Then unplug all accessories from your Mac, including printers, drives, USB hubs, and other nonessential devices.
How do you turn on a dead MacBook Pro?
- Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release.
- If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
- If your Mac now turns on but doesn’t finish starting up, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn’t start up all the way.
How do you factory reset MacBook Pro if you forgot the password?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.” Enter the recovery key, then click Next.
How do I remove old Apple ID from MacBook?
- On your Mac, open the Apple Music app. Or on your PC, open iTunes for Windows.
- From the menu bar, choose Account > View My Account. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click Manage Devices.
- If you want to remove a device, click Remove.
Can a MacBook be tracked after factory reset?
When you erase your Mac, all of your information will be deleted from the device and you won’t be able to find it using Find My. Remove your lost or stolen Mac from your list of trusted devices.
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
- Hold ⌘ + S on startup.
- mount -uw / ( fsck -fy is not needed)
- rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone.
- Go through the steps of creating a new account.
- After logging in to the new account, go to the Users & Groups preference pane.
- Select the old account, press the Reset Password