You need to put your MacBook ($498 at Amazon) into Recovery Mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter Recovery Mode on an Intel-based Mac, restart it and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys once you see the Apple logo.
Best answer for this question, how do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2012 without a disk?
Amazingly, how do I completely reset my MacBook pro to factory settings? Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Considering this, how do I restore my MacBook Pro 2010 to factory settings? As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
Likewise, can you factory reset MacBook Pro without password? Wipe the contents of your Mac. … First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.
- 1 Tap Settings
- 2 Tap General Management.
- 3 Tap Reset.
- 4 Tap Factory data reset.
- 5 Tap RESET.
- 6 Tap DELETE ALL. Please be patient as phone resetting takes some time.
- 1 Tap Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.
- 2 Tap Factory data reset > Reset Device > Erase Everything.
- 1 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
- 2 How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- 3 How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 4 How do I wipe a stolen MacBook Pro?
- 5 How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
- 6 How do you unlock a Mac without the password?
- 7 How do I wipe my Mac clean and start over?
- 8 How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
- 9 What does a factory Reset erase?
- 10 How do I erase my MacBook Pro 2011 to sell?
- 11 How do I reset my password on my MacBook Pro 2011?
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2011?
To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
How do I restore my MacBook Pro 2011 to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do I wipe my MacBook Pro 2010?
- In the menu bar, choose Apple menu > Restart.
- Select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- Select your startup disk on the left, then click the Erase tab.
- Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the Format menu, enter a name, then click Erase.
- After the disk is erased, choose Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
How do I wipe a stolen MacBook Pro?
- First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account and go in Find and then click on your MacBook name on the Devices menu.
- When you find it, you can click on the Unlock button, and it will be automatically unlocked through iCloud.
How do I reset my Mac without Apple ID?
How do you unlock a Mac without the password?
How do I wipe my Mac clean and start over?
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
What does a factory Reset erase?
What is a factory reset? A factory reset erases all of the information on an electronic device and restores the software to its original state (when it was in the factory). On your phone or desktop computer, this means all your apps and files will be removed.
How do I erase my MacBook Pro 2011 to sell?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
How do I reset my password on my MacBook Pro 2011?
Go to Utilities->Terminal menu. Type resetpassword, a reset password window will apear. Follow the instructions.”