Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This clears user settings from memory and restores certain security features that might have been altered.
Also the question is, how do I restore my Mac to a new computer?
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
Correspondingly, how do I restore my MacBook Pro to factory? To do so, shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold four keys together: Option, Command, P, and R. You can release the keys after 20 seconds or so. That’s it!
Likewise, how do I clean my Mac and start over?
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery:
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Additionally, how do you erase a MacBook Pro?
- Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until the startup options window comes up.
- When the Utilities window appears, select Disk Utility.
- In the sidebar, choose Macintosh HD.
- Click the “Erase” button, then select a file system format and enter a name for it.
- 1 How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- 2 How do I do a factory reset?
- 3 How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without CD?
- 4 How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- 5 What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
- 6 What can I do with my old imac?
- 7 How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
- 8 Should I reset my MacBook Pro?
- 9 How do you do a hard reboot on a Mac?
- 10 How do I reformat a Mac hard drive?
- 11 How do I reset my Mac without a password?
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac.
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How do I do a factory reset?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without CD?
- Set the MacBook Pro to restart.
- Select “Disk Utility” from the next screen and click “Continue.” Choose your hard drive in the list and click “Erase.”
- Click the “Mac OS Extended (Journaled)” option in the new dialog.
How do you restore Internet on a Mac?
- Shut down your Mac.
- Hold down Command-Option/Alt-R and press the Power button.
- Hold down those keys until you a spinning globe and the message “Starting Internet Recovery.
- The message will be replaced with a progress bar.
- Wait for the MacOS Utilities screen to appear.
What do I do if I can’t reinstall OSX?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
What can I do with my old imac?
- When is your Mac “too old”?
- Recycle your old Mac with the Apple Trade In program.
- Clean your Mac and get it up to speed.
- Turn your Mac into a network-attached storage system.
- Create an emergency Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Install Linux on your Mac.
- Back up your Mac.
- Deauthorize and sign out of your accounts.
How do I factory reset my MacBook Pro 2010?
As it’s loading hold the Command button and the R key. Something will come up called OS X Utilities. Click on Disk Utility and click on “Mac OS Extended”. Then, click Erase.
Should I reset my MacBook Pro?
Resetting your MacBook Pro to the way it was when you got it from the factory isn’t difficult, but it isn’t quick, either. You could do it if you’ve been consistently having serious problems with the MacBook Pro. However, the only time you should definitely do it is when you’re about to sell or give away the machine.
How do you do a hard reboot on a Mac?
On just about every recent Mac I’ve ever owned, there’s a simple method of doing a force restart — just hold down the power button until the machine reboots. On old Macs, the power button was useful for a similar method — shutting off the Mac and then turning it back on.
How do I reformat a Mac hard drive?
- Connect the drive to the Mac.
- Open Disk Utility.
- Select the drive you want to format.
- Click Erase.
- Give the drive a descriptive name and leave the default settings: OS X Extended format and GUID partition map.
- Click Erase and OS X will format the drive.
How do I reset my Mac without a password?
First you’ll need to turn off your Mac. Then press the power button and immediately hold down the Control and R keys until you see the Apple logo or spinning globe icon. Release the keys and shortly afterwards you should see the macOS Utilities window appear.